BM/SV Buffs!

Blizzard

Hello.

At this time, we’re testing a round of adjustments to underperforming classes that we intend to make with weekly resets (on 3 February in this region).

Hunter

• Beast Mastery

• All damage abilities increased by 5%.
  • Survival

• All damage abilities increased by 5%.

The buffs mean nothing when the specs have other issues. Don’t let the 5% fool you by any means.

5 Likes

Definitely a start. Here’s hoping underlying issues with both specs get a look at in the next major patch.

10 Likes

Its a beginning, at least there are signs of life.

4 Likes

This is pretty big. But they will have to fix stuff in other areas. Personally I use BM and on tank and spank in dungeons I usually win the dps war, but I am casual right now so I am not doing the hard content yet.

1 Like

SV has other issues, but just the fact that they got “SOMETHING” I am thrilled. I am hoping for another 5% damage buff after this.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m not unhappy by any means. I’m glad both specs are getting a look at. I do still view it as a start though. Both have a bunch of underlying problems that are really working against their own success.

I’ll take flat damage buffs for SV, I am happy with the kit overall. I only PVP though.

A minor one, but yeah, at least something…

One can but cross his/her fingers for those fixes…

Yes, but in all likelihood, most if not all of those problems can’t be addressed in a hotfix. By all means, keep discussing the problems, but take wins where you can get them.

2 Likes

Its a welcome buff for both BM and SV, however its a bandage fix and who knows if it will be enough.

Both spec have their own issues that still needs to be looked at but blizzard made it clear that larger change will mainly come in a bigger patch so I guess that might be the best well get until 9.1.

1 Like

Where are the notes for this buff

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/class-tuning-underway-february-2/850599

Yeah I found it on mmo champion. Thank you though for linking. I’m excited. I like my playstyle a flat % damage buff is fine by me.

2 Likes

I mean, I understand and agree. But I also want to take my wins where I can get them lol. I’ll take the buff.

1 Like

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/26#boss=2398&class=Hunter&spec=Survival

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/26#boss=2398&class=Paladin&spec=Protection

Thank you soo much blizzard.
Survival can finally compete with Prot paladins on the meters :*)

2 Likes

More damage equals less times for our pets to be targeted. It doesn’t fix the Rez pet issue. It doesn’t fix wars getting buffed even though they are brutal already in pvp. But these were a pve buff that helps a bit in pvp too. So that’s 2 good buffs in 2 weeks 20% tankiness to pets, and 5% increased damage. It’s moving towards progress. I mean this better not be all the changes but it stalls us a bit imo

5% isn’t enough tbh…

2 Likes

its a start, hopefully this is just acknowledgment of issues and we get some actual ability tuning in the next major patch.

1 Like