BM should be Melee

just makes sense to have BM be melee and Survival should be traps/poison/DoT base spec
with slippery mobility

BM with all the melee skills buffing the pets should make the spec feel less the 2 button spamming lol

5 Likes

no thanks BM looks good for DF with that new talent that calls mob of pets.

7 Likes

BM should have surv melee integrated into part of its tree to where you can choose to be melee or ranged BM hunter, it shouldnt be too hard to do as surv uses quite alot of stuff from BM (cobra shot to raptor strike, multishot to carve, ect. if you choose melee options the spells could change or such)

Would free up survival to become the non-MM ranged hunter gameplay spec which could include tons of stuff.

I just want to see some new spells added to hunters; how long has it been that we have had new spells/abilities that weren’t rehashes of older hunter spells…

4 Likes

^ This. We don’t need a separate melee spec if it just ends up turning into melee BM and most BM Hunters would rather not see the spec become melee, so this is the most reasonable option.

5 Likes

I prefer to see the crying threads about SV, not BM.

5 Likes

Reasonable would be not spending six years crying about a decision made in a video game.

9 Likes

Well Hunter melee is sort of becoming BM even if its not called BM.

3 Likes

Blizz did go away from hunter + pet team for BM and instead gave it a zookeeper theme.
But that was long before msv came into play

2 Likes

It really wasn’t. Before Legion BM was primarily Hunter + one pet with close companionship aside from Stampede but that was classwide.

4 Likes

As time goes by it kind of seems Survival is becoming more and more of a melee BM and BM is becoming more of a ranged zookeeper.

2 Likes

No way dude keep your pie hole shut. BM and MM need to be ranged. I hated when they made SV Melee. There are currently more melee dps in game than ranged we dont need more melee!!

7 Likes

“theme” wise it makes more sense BM going in berserk with your pets

Survival theme last thing you want to do is melee your trying to survive
trap kite sneaky tactics

dragonflight base hunter talents should be melee/pet/range and whatever spec you pick would add flavor to your gameplay style

3 Likes

If you want a melee pet class, play UHDK.

7 Likes

They should just make it optional to be ranged survival or melee BM.

Survival doesnt seem like melee in pvp to begin with. Almost all the abilities are ranged so allowing you to use a bow and change a ability or 2 shouldnt be that hard.

BM dire frenzy could easily be changed to lacerate with similar effects and some other smaller ability changes. You go to the current BM DF calculator and it shows a picture of Rexxar whom doesnt use a bow and duel wields axes.

Ive actually started playing Unholy since i cant actually have a melee pet class with the class thats supposedly the biggest pet priority class in the game, or atleast was.

Just doesnt make sense imo.

3 Likes

I dont understand the fixation with making hunter speccs melee, we used to have 7 speccs if you wanted to be a melee dps and have gained another 5 over the years. If you wanted to be a wizard dps you have 9 speccs and you are gaining another 1 in DF. But if you wanted to be a ranged weapon user to be a sniper, hound master, guerilla fighter, gunner, engineer, spellbow, dark ranger you used to have 3 speccs and then you lost 1 leaving you with only 2 remaining. I really think blizzard should start looking at making more ranged weapons speccs not more melee speccs, there are still alot of themes to cover.

8 Likes

Rogue Deadeye 4th spec? >.>

1 Like

Ah another gw2 deadeye enjoyer, it really is impressive how they manage to give sucha sniper feel with just 5 buttons

2 Likes

That was where my mind first went, admittedly, but even a Bounty Hunter (or, a rename from similar theme to be a bit more distinct from actual Hunters) would be pretty cool.

I don’t feel like it needs to have its every build to be purely ranged, only for at least one purely ranged build therein to be viable.

That being said, if we just had an actual single Talent Sphere Grid / “Talent Glaive” instead of this chopped up Class | Spec duality, that playflow would doubtless already be found between and among MM and SV.

1 Like

I dont think i would call it a fixation but maybe you’re right. I believe its more of enjoying a certain “class fantasy”.

WC3 was out before WoW vanilla. Therefore, the idea of Rexxar was out before WoW vanilla. Rexxar is a half orc/orge (yes im aware this race doesnt exist in WoW as well) that has pets and duel wields axes.

Several MMOs like EQ and Rift have had this type of class fantansy in their games.
Now im am grateful that blizzard made a melee hunter spec. The problem is you dont actually play like a melee especially right now in shadowlands.

Try a being a warrior for example and fighting against a “melee” spec hunter and the entire game the hunter is jumping around hitting range abilities. Why is this spec even considered melee.

Im not saying they should remove range bm or melee survival (if thats what you want to call it). I believe adding the option to do either is reasonable but im fully aware blizzard isnt going to do it.

1 Like

Survival isnt melee. Its a ranged class that somehow got a melee weapon. In my group of friends that game we consider SV a ranged class, especially since SL/9.2.
I would love for Blizzard to live up to their own words and scrap WFB for another actual melee way of AOE since they claim the spec is intended to be melee.

2 Likes