BM is just plain sad!

i’m going to be playing around with 1 pet some today and see how much of an effect it has on the dire beast legendary. The sims could be fouled who knows. I likely will not see much of a change outside of raiding though.

I can tell right off just from the damage of the dire beast it doubles in strength without 2 pets… however i dont think that will make up for the loss of the second pet

It’s not a choice between 1 pet or 2 pets.

It’s a choice between 2 pets each dealing 65% base damage while nerfing your legendary, crows, etc by 35%, or 1 pet with Killer Instinct or Dire Beast and not nerfing the other abilities.

1 Like

I dont think so. BM was dominating on Pre-patch. When Azerites reset on day 1 of Shadowlands, we lost a heavy proc Dance of Death ability as our Crit reach at maximum stats.

When we reach max level in Shadowlands, we dont have Dance of Death anymore and our Crit became half of what we had. Still, BM is good for sustained DPS. MM is really good for BURST dps. Mobs dying so early on M+. It favors MM.

I havent done raiding yet. I think BM would be fine as long as Hunter is not falling behind on gear like the legendaries.

BTW, on Torghast, BM > MM. Playing with solid pet tank plus an Animal Companion is way easier since 5-Mask Visions. The Animal Companion pet is like a buffer. When your main pet dies, the mobs has to kill your animal companion before they start going to the Hunter. Just put some snare, we would be able to rez back the main pet before mobs gets into Hunter’s melee range… rinse and repeat.

Better off with Dire Beast or Killer Instinct, the extra damage from the primary pet translates into more Leech healing, meaning the pet is less likely to die in the first place. Also they don’t need to kill the Animal Companion pet, it despawns when you start the rez and you don’t have a primary pet out anymore.

On BFA, I know the Animal Companion pet doesnt despawn right away. Did it change in Shadowlands? There were times that I rez’d my main pet while mobs were busy with the Animal Companion pet. I have been a BM just last night after getting BM Conduits higher ilevel than my MM’s and after Legendary memory for BM dropped for me. But I was all BM on the whole BFA. Yup, BM’s pet is way more solid than MM’s pet.

I know Animal Companion pet disappears when you dismiss your main pet. But on main pet dying, the Animal Pet Companion takes over. I have to verify.

Damage is fine. Keeping pets alive and being forced to run clefthoof in solo pve for a easy time is not.

Give us back a talent tree for pets let us use what we want. And make pets tankier

7 Likes

They definitely do, just looking at animal companion. That doesn’t mean you do less damage with it though (since you still have the 2nd pet). I wasn’t saying BM was bad, just noting that animal companion does nerf pet damage by 35% (but you still have a 2nd pet so you do more DPS overall).

AC for soloing is also not a great choice since due to the 35% damage reduction your main pet that is tanking is personally doing less damage, which means it is benefitting less from leech which is needed to help keep it up.

Of course. BM is amazing at soloing content and that goes far beyond just Torghast. You’d be amazed at what we can take on, and I intend to solo some of the mythic dungeons, world bosses, and potentially raid bosses if there are any possible for us later this expansion.

1 Like

On main pet dying, Animal Companion pet has some aggro from having dealt damage. On casting Revive Pet, the main pet corpse despawns. Now there is no main pet out, and the Animal Companion despawns. This could be immediate, it could be a few seconds, it isn’t consistent in my experience.

First of all I am attacking nobody. I am saying if you raiding and doing mythic+ as BM than please add your input. This isn’t BfA so if your not playing BM then why even respond, your clueless. This thread is about the viability of Beast Master in a Mythic raid and high mythic+ keys. BM will not parse mythic raid or very high mythic+ keys in the state its in. Thats what I am saying.

2 Likes

I’m still able to run m+ and raid… but mm certainly an unfair advantage. Bfa bm was strong shadowlands as of rn we don’t feel as good due to lack of a real good legendary and no corruption / Azerite

Actually if you learned how to read you would see you did attack me. Also I play BM this expac as well.

You’re just a 1500 player with limited skill and a tendency to whine.

Grow up kid!

1 Like

I would prefer that most of that practical damage gating come from galaxy brain BM rotations, but that’d be just as antithetical to BM as long cast times.

This is correct. This is also why murder of crows is so bad because it counts as a pet but scales negatively with animal companion.

It was not. It received many flat % buffs every patch cycle until it caught up.

This logic is pretty bad. By this same logic, dot classes who are doing sustained damage should also be where BM is at it, and that is currently not the case. Balance, Aff, Shadow, and Unholy are all doing very well in m+. In fact, in the bottom 8 worst preforming specs right now in m+, 7 are burst specs. (assassination being the exception which has always been pretty bad at m+ and who is also receiving a flat 5% buff).

Balance, Affliction, Shadow, and Unholy all have burst mechanics. Starfall for Balance, Malefic Rupture for Affliction, I’m not going to attempt to understand what the hell shadow is doing, and Unholy can burst wounds.

Also, DoT specs are uncapped AoE, because a lot of their AoE is just putting their DoTs on multiple targets.

1 Like

In most cases, not in any… practical sense? Their “AoE cap” is basically just whatever number of targets against which they can maintain DoTs, which is rarely all that far over 5 in the context of their durations and higher priority skills. Searing Nightmare makes for an exception to that rule, but…

Wow, weird how that works. Good specs are good at variety of things and have talents to adjust to various situations instead of being locked into 1 ability in EVERY SINGLE ROW? Wow, what a concept! By your logic, DoTs shouldn’t be getting their full value because everything is dying too fast. But that is simply not the case, because if it was, their damage would be underperforming, and it’s not.

1 Like

I like both MM and BM. I don’t play survival generally because I don’t like playing melee. Yet I still get gear for it because I still get the urge to play melee