BM impression so far

After about 10 dungeons and 6 or 7 heroics at level 70 i can subjectively say its in a much better spot than the early shadowlands BM. But im not sure its as much fun. Visually its very boring compared to having wild spirits…hell its even very boring compared to resonating arrow. Death chakram is unsatifying to press. Stampede would feel good to press if the tuning was not so far off from being viable or if it was a 1 min cooldown.

Our 3 min CD is so incredibly bad in tuning and function. The pets walk slowly toward the target and dont do much of anything. I really dont understand how the dire command leggo could summon pets that charged and did dmg perfectly fine but wild call pets almost expire before getting to the target. Theres really no choice in the BM/hunter trees because all the other options are so much worse in performance compared to just taking +dmg to KC /BS talents.

Id love to hear the explanation of why they chose death chakram which was the crappiest covenant power. I didnt get Beta so i didnt have a voice in feedback but these talents feel very unfinished to me. I tried just about every variation of talents imaginable and it just wasnt even close in dmg to the most basic spec.

Id like to see Stampede be more viable option to Chakram make it 1 min CD or buff it alot.
Wild call needs changes to dmg and how it functions. Explosive shot would feel ok to take if you didnt waste 2 points in crappy arctic bola which is awful. Guess im just disappointed that the funner and more visually appealing talents just suck.

1 Like

My opinion at 70…

• Still weird pathing for a proper build. Too many expensive nodes that cost 2 or 3 points.
  • Pet seems squishier, but this might just be lack of gear early into the expansion.
  • Lack of heals and defensives is really showing in dungeons already.
  • Beast Cleave needs to be longer than 6 seconds OR Multi-Shot needs to hit a lot harder. It feels terrible using Multi-Shot so often just to keep Beast Cleave up. The 10 second version with the tier set in SL was leaps and bounds better.
  • Pet AI is worse than ever, but this might just be laggy servers due to launch.
  • Thematically, I like the direction they went. Mechanically, I have to wonder how they made some of these decisions.

Note: Call of the Wild is a garbage talent. It’s seriously undertuned already, but it also has a bugged interaction with Animal Companion that reduces it’s damage by 35%. It also just summons the same pet over and over.

3 Likes

I think bm is in the best state out of our 3 specs, which isn’t saying alot. It could do with some minor tweaks here and there and tuning but i like the base its got going now.
Longer beast cleave duration, make call of the wild pets charge (wtf?) and aspect of the wild is probly the most underwhelming talent i’ve ever seen.

1 Like

God damn, did they seriously not get around to fixing this after explicitly pledging to fix it in our beta feedback thread?

4 Likes

I would be okay with BM if the other 2 specs weren’t in such a bad spot. Having our best spec be barely average and MM/Surv be at the bottom feels bad.

They fixed the aura, so it wouldn’t apply to Dire Beasts and other summoned pets, but they forgot about how the talent interacted with other talents. My concern is they listed the interaction with Call of the Wild on the bug forums, but made no mention of how it affects Brutal Companion and Aspect of the Beast in the same way.

Here’s from Nimox’s last post in the hunter beta feedback thread, back in the middle of september:

I guess making it so the damage modifier does not affect that talent was tougher than they thought. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
As for those other talents, I’ve said it before, they should just rework AC to a baseline passive effect that has no impact(boosting effect) on pet damage, but simply splits the damage of the two main pets 50/50. And with this, allow the second pet to also use its Basic Ability(again, at 50% of normal strength).

1 Like