BM Hunters Rejoice!

To my fellow BM Hunters, We did it! One of the top Dps moving forward into Shadowlands! We finally did it, Poggers in the chat!

1 Like

You know it isn’t top dps in SL right now right? And that its probably going to get numerous tuning passes before now and then?

2 Likes

“Moving forward into Shadowlands” never said in, but as of pre-patch definitely one of the top dps right now.

Which doesn’t really matter? There is no new relevant content coming between now and SL, being top dog now historically means nothing aside from the fact that you’re going to be nerfed during one of multiple tunings passes that typically occur during prepatch. Next week you might be weaker than demo locks or feral druids are right now lmao. The absolute best spot to be in for any spec pre-patch is dead middle of the pack, that is a very good indicator you’re where Blizzard wants you, and are unlikely to receive a tuning that’ll destroy your spec.

2 Likes

Outside of Pvp was there every really a time BM wasn’t a very high DPS spec? Also should BM be the top hunter spec? Its a fully mobile ranged DPS spec, so it being on top seems wrong in a way because it doesn’t have many downsides at that point.

2 Likes

It was kind of sub-par in the last half of WotLK after they nerfed Bestial Wrath chaining. I don’t remember it being particularly good in early Cata. I was mostly using ranged Survival for raiding then.

1 Like

I mean for all of BFA its been the hunter go too.

2 Likes

This doesn’t really matter.

Short of absolute certainty, it won’t stay like this going forward. There WILL be additional tuning passes both before and after the initial tier of SL.

Usually, BM stays somewhere mid-pack. Some outliers show us near the bottom, some, like in 8.3, shows us closer to the top.

In PvE, that extra mobility makes up for very little. Very few encounters are designed to heavily favor unlimited movement as a strength.

In PvP, the biggest downside isn’t tied to BM itself, but to the current state of Pet Resurrection. That just so happens to affect both BM but also SV to a major degree. MM as well ofc, but to a lesser extent.

1 Like

“We finally did it” as if BM wasn’t one of the best DPS specs in the game for the entire last raid tier…

4 Likes

Thr BM’s in our guild were already topping dps meters lol

8.3 made them bonkers

They still have their busted azerite in prepatch so not much has changed tbh.

1 Like

To bad they always suck in pvp

Yeh well… i guess its fair that BM isnt top tier in pvp but probably better to avoid that argument

Yeah we disagree…but let’s avoid it

Oh, c’mon! Let the man have his moment.

We were one of the top DPS classes pre-patch. So not much has really changed.

I like being a comfortable upper-mid pack. Not too high, not too low. Just right in the Goldilocks zone.

All of Classic, Wrath, Cata, MoP, only BRF in WoD, some of Legion, and it wasn’t until BfA that it became dominant again.

It’s only because of the stat scaling BM has. Once we start leveling we go back to below average.

People that say bm shouldn’t be good in pvp are always trash. The “pet” hasent solo’d anyone in years. Going Into SL+ prolly won’t either.

1 Like

Which is, frankly, weird. Like, BM gets better-than-linear returns from crit and haste, but pet Basic Attacks and Kill Command don’t scale with weapon DPS, which severely curtains one of the dominant sources of gear-scaling for physical classes (weapon itemlevel). I would actually think BM would excel early and scale poorly, rather than the other way around.