BM Hunters Arenas?

Is BM hunters playable in 2s and 3s to hit up around 2k? If so whats the best way to spec it for in Arenas?

1 Like

If you look on arenamate there are a few hunters above 2k, highest being 2.4k. They generally run animal, scent, camo, thrill, post. stomp, aspect.

Yes. Feel free to check out my profile.

4 Likes

If youre some crazy good player who gets gladiator anyway every season, you can do it. Otherwise BM is dead in arena, dont kid yourself.

5 Likes

BM Hunter’s don’t run ToTH in PvP.

BM can work if you love the spec, it’s better than last season and will fit much better into the meta I imagine after blizzard does some PvP tuning.
I think it is only Hogx, Idaredyou and myself duelist + as BM atm.

Well I’ll be up there soon :wink:

1 Like

you the only hunter i c using Killer Cobra in pvp also?

Do any of you who are doing well with BM stream?

I too would love to know!

If you don’t mind me asking, what is your typical rotation in arena?

I just switched over to BM for the first time from Surv.

Since Aspect of the beast damage buff is nerfed in PvP to 20% AND only affects pet Claw/smack/bite, it can be traded out IMO for the other two depending on preference. Idaredyou-Tichondrius runs Bloodshed I prefer Killer Cobra as Im running a mastery build and Kill Command seems to do damage now in PvP (somewhat, still needs buffs).

Idared you was streaming last night, I think his stream is twitch.tv/Idareyou He was queuing jungle with bean and fuze as BM atm he is the highest while Hog and I barely queuing 3’s and I think I’m highest in 2’s atm.

Do you mean damage rotation or Strat?

Hey! How come you take chimaera shot? Is it better than cobra shot when you have extra focus?

Both I guess.

Where does your burst come from?

Do you use KC on CD?

Is Arcane Shot useless?

Just some tips.

Thanks!

I take Chimaera out of preference but anything in that tier can work, scent of blood just wasn’t for me as I don’t want to to have to press 2 globals before I get my damage going then some more so I don’t waste barbed shot procs, in this meta it’s super speedy so the quicker I can start pressing buttons the better. Chimaera for me just gives me a more interactive damage rotation and at least SOME magical damage, I’ve seen it critically for 4K in resonating arrow.

My “burst” is as follows.

Hopefully a barbed shot + frenzy rolling beforehand as standard from our damage rotation.

• Macro: Bestial wrath, Badge, aspect.
  • Crows
  • Arrow
    Then just Kill Command, Cobra rinse and repeat, when barbed shot reaches more stacks just throw one in and keep going.

I dream of the day Kill Command feels even stronger!

Arcane shot is pretty much useless except on a rare occasion that a ret is super low health, Bops himself and you have no purges handy, 1 in a million though.

6 Likes

I see Idaredyou using rylaks. I asked him if he actually pvps with them or if its just his pve set and never got a response.

Every other BM hunter over 2k is running feign death chest so hmmm

I run Sephuz for the damage increase and the cc reduction. The 10% cc reduction also stacks with Orc hardiness.

I am rarely the kill target when I play with shadow / bm / rsham so I think feign death leggo is usually a waste and gives zero dps.

If I was playing most Cupid or KFC I would run FD for sure.

Thanks!

Are you using multishot on CD even if it’s just 1 target?

Do you steam?

Pretty much this, I would also run two ups trinkets if I were human, meld is just too fun.

He is running it in PvP however I think it’s terrible if you aren’t stacking crit and crit only, just my 2c though he might know something I don’t.

I’m not using multi shot in PvP ever, I have to put it back on my bar when I do Torghast lol.

Sometimes, atm I don’t have any consistent games whatsoever but I was streaming BM/feral 2’s at 2.4CR last season and some ret/BM 2’s also.

For now I think Idareyou will be the best go to for BM hunter content until the season is more competitive, I know Hogx’s healers often stream as well!

1 Like

What is the best comps for a BM hunter in 3s? I c alot of rets/ferals. but is there anything else playble with a BM? and What is best stats? i c alot of Haste/Versatility/Mastery or Mastery/Vers/Haste?