BM hunter PvP - Qa'pla, Eredun War Order?

I just started crafting Rylakstalker but then read that perhaps Qa’pla might be better in PvP? Should I continue to upgrade Rylakstalker or swap to Qa’pla before spending more resources?

Also, if I should be switching to Qa’pla, what slot would it be best to craft it for?

Any insight is much appreciated :slight_smile:

Use craven for pvp.

4 Likes

Hey sorry I’m reading a lot and guides are outdated. I know u are high rated. What’s your opinion. Necro or venthr for pvp (bm)? @Hogx

I’m not high rated but I am Firemoose.

Go Venthyr for BM pvp.

3 Likes

Ty I figured which I’m already venthry just didn’t know if I should swap

Venthyr is top for bm pvp. I still play kyrian in 2s and 3s with my main, and I’ve done it the past two seasons.

You can really play what you want, but if you’re a min / maxer then venthyr is def the go-to choice.

You don’t press Kill Command in arena’s so I’d say a leggo revolving around Kill Command is pretty troll.

2 Likes

just curious where you read this so i can be sure to never take any advice from them

Thanks guys, it looks like I will be going with Craven then :slight_smile:

Oh the icy-veins guide says it’s the best for doing damage, which is why I was looking at it. Here:

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-mastery-hunter-pvp-best-covenants-soulbinds-conduits-and-legendary-powers

Do u really not use kill command?

1 Like

yeah whoever wrote that is hard trolling

why don’t you use kill command in arenas?

Venthyr. Craven for Arena, Pouch for BGs.

Cobra does more damage.

Kill Command is only used as a gap closer for pets. Cobra does way more damage.

Do pvp Bm’s not use animal companion? I thought animal companion made kill command hit twice, so higher than cobra. Im just going off what I see flash on my screen when 2 4k hits happen when I use kill command.

Nah cobra is higher sustained dps which is why BM is so broken

Please explain, I am pvp clueless, Ive been curious about this since I heard it.

When you look at the tooltip, the amount you see listed for Kill Command is split between the two pets. They don’t both do that much damage.

In general, Kill Command does a bit more damage than Cobra Shot, but not a lot. In PvP, Blizzard gave us an increased damage modifier to many of our abilities - but not to Kill Command. Since PvPers tend to stack Versatility at the cost of Mastery, most PvPers will see Cobra Shot hitting a good bit harder than Kill Command. Weighing Focus cost to damage, they are still pretty close, but Cobra Shot is usually more efficient. Also, not using Kill Command on cooldown allows us to use it as a gap closer when necessary.

Huh, all this time I thought kill command was double hitting, but it only does 4k total (2700 and 1300) without critting. Guess I was confused because I only noticed the crits when raiding. In raiding 4k is still alot better than 3k cobra but I guess in pvp those are not the numbers you guys get?