Blue got fired for standing up to Ion

Rumors based on what? Because he himself says heā€™s leaving of his own volition to pursue a job at another company that heā€™s wanted for years.

" ^ Basically that. Iā€™m leaving on great terms with Blizz, and will be moving into a role with another studio that Iā€™ve been working towards for years. This couldnā€™t have been possible were it not for the opportunities that Blizzard had afforded me to this point. As much as I would love to stay, sometimes we do have to take leaps of faith in order to grow out our professional selvesā€¦ or so Iā€™m told! :smiley: Itā€™s all good, Iā€™ve had a great (almost) 12 years with Blizzard <3"

h ttps://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/duymkv/thank_you_rwow/f7c3mdh/

7 Likes

Record revenue. Thereā€™s a difference between revenue and profit.

weeks not monthsā„¢

1 Like

I was once terminated as I didnā€™t wish to resign and I felt that I had left on good terms. I had spoken with my boss and they decided that the payment would be more if I was terminated instead of straight out resigning way back in my high teens that was.

I honestly wouldnā€™t be surprised if it were true but as stated this is a rumor. A lot of people donā€™t like pathfinder but there are people who do. Either way, not much to say or do about this from my end except not buy expansions that have pathfinder in them and keep playing classic.

Were you terminated with your dream job youā€™d been pursuing for years lined up and good to go?

1 Like

Yes, certain ā€˜trusted sitesā€™ can be posted by anyone. Reddit, YouTube, Wowhead are the ones I know of, not sure if there are many others.

Good on Ion. That mod probably deserved it.

Yeah but usually you move on at that age when you have something else to move on to. He gave no specifics about new employment which makes me think he was laid off but very diplomatic about it.

lol the fix will be flying for free but only 10 minutes before the next xpac patch goes live.

He in fact does say heā€™s leaving to take a job heā€™d been pursuing for years.

ā€œ^ Basically that. Iā€™m leaving on great terms with Blizz, and will be moving into a role with another studio that Iā€™ve been working towards for years. This couldnā€™t have been possible were it not for the opportunities that Blizzard had afforded me to this point. As much as I would love to stay, sometimes we do have to take leaps of faith in order to grow out our professional selvesā€¦ or so Iā€™m told! :smiley: Itā€™s all good, Iā€™ve had a great (almost) 12 years with Blizzard <3ā€

h ttps://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/duymkv/thank_you_rwow/f7c3mdh/

4 Likes

FYI: He got a better job at another company.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/duymkv/thank_you_rwow/f7aq4ih/?context=3

I leave this low effort OP troll to his fate and may MOD have mercy on his soul.

5 Likes

Didnā€™t see that additional comment, never mind then!

2 Likes

Canā€™t fault you for that. I only found it because I was digging through the thread for anything to back up OPā€™s claim.

1 Like

Given the crap content Ion apparently gives his approval on for releaseā€¦yeah, I can see this happening.

I still wonder why Reddit seems to have more active blues then the wow forumsā€¦ I actually wonder why 3rd party sites even have bluesā€¦

But its a rumor on twitter so it has to be real.

Well, thatā€™s a new theory.

Araxom/Matt works on my team, and Iā€™m happy to say heā€™s gotten an awesome new opportunity. Heā€™s served our community fantastically over the last 6 years on social (over 10 years at Blizzard total), and Iā€™m happy to say the choice was all his.

Also, for those who know Araxom youā€™ll find heā€™s way more likely to be playing Star Wars tabletop instead of Pathfinder. Iā€™m a Pathfinder/DnD 5e fan myself, though. Iā€™m gonna lock this one down for trolling. (Also not about in-game Pathfinder feedback, just a little joke yā€™all)

32 Likes