Blue Eyes for Blood Elves in 8.1

This topic is not about the request for playable high elves on the alliance faction.
No need to try to bully people, Bursan.

2 Likes

The OP makes a good research pointsā€¦ Story and even the Devs say Blood Elves are High Elvesā€¦
Omgā€¦this literally looks like BfA faction civil war between elves, I think this will create a civil war in the WoW community even worst than a civil warfront between the elves would be in-gameā€¦even worst if Blizz gives blue eyes to Blood Elves :sweat_smile:

Blizz do it, turn all this elf talk in to real content to take out our frustration for these allied races not being in BfA! Lets have a warfront civil war between elven races! :rofl:

3 Likes

Ion mentioned eye color options specifically. It makes sense with the addition of gold eyes for Blood Elves that we can get more color options.
Would really love more in game story for Blood Elves with the cleansing of the Sunwell.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never seen a thread cherry-pick itā€™s lore more selectively. Itā€™s always very obvious to me when people started playing WoW after TBC and never played a Warcraft RTS game. Sometimes, some of those people have, but they want a visual attribute on their character so badly that they usually have a ā€œscrew the loreā€ mentality towards it.

You want to rename Blood Elves to High Elves. Sure, lets just completely undo WC3: the Frozen Throne and The Burning Crusades lore of why the High Elves who stayed in Quelā€™thalas and supported Kaelā€™thalas became Blood Elves. I guess none of that lore matters and we should just retcon it so you can have Blue Eyes on a Horde character. There are no Blood Elves with Blue Eyes anymore because all of them were corrupted by Fel in order for them to stay alive, hence the Green Eyes. The Sunwell hasnā€™t been Arcane since Arthas dropped the phylactery of Kelā€™thuzad into it. Holy energy is all that courses through it now, not some mixture of Holy and Arcane, because it wasnā€™t Arcane when it was cleansed. It was Necromantic energy which is why Blood Elves couldnā€™t use and had to rely on fel. The reason you can have Golden Eyes now is because the Sunwell was cleansed by the core of a dead Naaru (Holy), making it a Holy font. It is no longer an Arcane font in any way, shape, or form.

Blood Elves will never have Green Eyes again the same way Azeroth Orcs will never have Brown Skin again. This is why we received the Magā€™har from Draenor to give people their Brown Skin Orc fix. Itā€™s why if we ever get a Blue Eyed Blood Elf, it will have to be a High Elf. Currently, most of those have allegiance with the Alliance either in Stormwind or through the Silver Covenant. Could there be an event to make them leave their Alliance affiliation? Sure, but itā€™s as likely as Baine dragging the Tauren to the Alliance (with his buddy Anduin leading it) after what Sylvanas is doing to the Horde. Possible, but very unlikely. If High Elves ever do happen, they are most likely going to be Alliance. The Devs fairly consistently disregard the lore, but giving Blood Elves blue eyes is just too big a leap to realistically happen. Sorry folks.

1 Like

I saw another thread suggesting the Silver Covenant go Void. Iā€™d support this. I mean why not? Make the remaining High Elves into Void Elves and this entire matter resolves itself. ā€¦And donā€™t Void Elves have blue eyes for the most part already?

2 Likes

So you want to delete High Elves just so Alliance players canā€™t have a fair-skinned elf with blue eyes? I fail to see how this solves anything. Seems more like ā€œIf I canā€™t have it, neither can you!ā€ mentality.

1 Like

Did I say that? No I didnā€™t.

High Elves follow and revere Alleria Windrunner. Itā€™s not a stretch to say that they join her if they canā€™t even go to the Sunwell. Itā€™s a lore argument, not what you tried to twist my words into.

2 Likes

First of all, the Void Elves we have were made that way by the Nether-Prince Durzaan, who was attempting to making them Ethereals as well. Alleria did not make Void Elves. Secondly, the Blood Elves and High Elves studying in Telogrus Rift are just that - studying the void. That doesnā€™t mean they are being converted into Void Elves. Thirdly, if all of the High Elves followed Alleria (most arenā€™t - most are following her sister Vereesa via the Silver Covenant) and became Void Elves, then you are effectively deleting High Elves. What purpose does that serve?

1 Like

If Blizzard makes lore saying that over-saturation in Void energy turns a High Elf into a Void Elf, the same way the Sunwell appears to be affecting Blood Elves by giving them golden eyes then thatā€™s their prerogative. I think it would once and for all solve this argument and so I suggest it because I think it makes solid sense and resolves a long standing lore quandry.

Plus I doubt Iā€™m the only one tired after 12 years of the countless High Elf threads.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never seen a post cherry-pick itā€™s lore more selectively.

your comparison about orcs and elves its a false equivalence

Orcs literally drink Demon blood, and passed years through corruption until they change drastically

elves just happen to be nearby fel energies

Your comparison also donā€™t work because orc skin color donā€™t change based on the magic they use, this happens to elves

4 Likes

Thatā€™s not a good reason to make all High Elves into Void Elves.

I have no interest in talking to someone who has been toxic towards every pro-High Elf thread, poster and WoW Dev on the official forums, MMO-Champion, Reddit and Twitter.

1 Like

Nice deflect, i would expect that, anyway i already proved you wrong, i let other people judge now

3 Likes

Haha. Hardlyā€¦

Good thing it wasnā€™t the reason I cited for why it made sense then.

1 Like

You know, as someone that is okay with Blue Eyes for Blood Elves (hey, if it happens it happens. If it gets used as excuse to never make HEā€™s playable, then so be it shrug) But isnā€™t there a way to change the threadā€™s name?

8.1 came and went, and with each patch it feels weirder.

Just do a trade. Blood Elves get the option to have blue and purple eye colors, Void Elves get the option to have non-voided earth tones for their hair and skin (like we know exist in Telogrus Rift).

3 Likes

Those are not Void Elfs they are Blood Elves & at most 3 High Elf Wayfairers who are studying the rift.

1 Like

To become Void Elves.

Iā€™m guessing most people can figure it out.

2 Likes

This thread is not NEARLY old enough to be considered ā€œnecro postingā€ so please take your snarky, hostile, rude attitude away or Iā€™ll report you for, thanks.

Also, if youā€™d rather me re-make the thread completely to share the same opinion, Iā€™ll do that. But Iā€™m PRETTY sure thatā€™s MORE-SO considered ā€œspamā€ considering an thread about the exact thing I was hoping to talk about already exists.

Then people who are pro-high elf should stop. People can have differing opinions, sorry you disagree? No need to even come in here and harass people just because you disagreeā€¦

Also I have posted in the official high elf mega thread - First of all you get attacked and harassed because people there say ā€œThis is a thread about high elves being on alliance, go make your own thread!ā€ so no, Iā€™m not going to post there anymore. Itā€™s not an official high elf mega thread.

It should be re-named "high elves on alliance thread, if you have any other opinion people are going to harass and attack you.

Except race aesthetic reasons arenā€™t made PURELY for game play reasons and entirely for lore reasons.

ā€œUltimately, it is a matter of time before the fel-power induced green glint reverts back to the blood elvesā€™ regular high elven eyes.ā€ - WoW Dev team

Right? All the reasons high elves should be a new race for the alliance I have seen are completely ridiculous and usually just people throwing snarky things they made up to justify what they want, which isnā€™t how the world worksā€¦

"Ultimately, it is a matter of time before the fel-power induced green glint reverts back to the blood elvesā€™ regular high elven eyes. " - WoW dev team

Iā€™d agree the high elves on the alliance side do that, considering alliance shouldnā€™t have had them in the first place. The high elves officially departed the alliance long ago.

Not at all, the high elf NPCs the alliance has shouldnā€™t even exist. The race as a whole officially departed the alliance long ago, learn your lore.

Yeah, thatā€™s how pro high elfers are wrong. If you donā€™t believe their made up BS and lies of why blood elfs should be on the alliance with blue eyes called high elves, they just ignore you. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes