Blue Eyed Elves - Act of good will or a higher up saying "Just do it"?

I don’t think most players wanted it or even really cared about it, and all it does is homogenize the factions. I think there is a very vocal group of people for it, some of which are aggressive online. As a result there is a lot of resistance to it. I think they did it because it is something that will create a lot of buzz and arguing, like the beginning of BFA/end of Legion. A lot of online companies benefit when people are going at each other on multiple platforms. The more pissed off we are at each other, the more we’re talking about their products,

1 Like

As long as it makes people happy, even though it is lore-breaking, I have no problems. I am happy that both sides get to play as high elves finally.

1 Like

I don’t think they did it just to make a few people happy. I think they did it because it also makes people unhappy. Blizzard benefits when we are fighting with each other online over other platforms like Reddit and Facebook and Youtubers have drama to make videos about.

Every two-bit hack amateur fantasy author wants to make special snowflake elves that aren’t Legolas. And I don’t buy WoW novels because the paid “writers” here aren’t any better.

I really only have sympathy for the players who want to be Legolas. Lore be damned.

I’ll definitely be switching to those blue eyes. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

The end of the Half-Life: Alyx Game had a cliff-hanger leading to another Game and Valve claims that Half-Life: Alyx won’t be their final foray into the Half-Life universe.

So… They may finally escape their so-called “aversion” to the number 3.

Realmpop always had some major issues due to how it gathered its numbers. Characters that had been deleted were often still kept in count, a character that was race/faction changed would end up duplicated in count if they changed name as well, a character that simply name changed would even get duplicated in count. The system couldn’t properly keep track of these things, so as a result some numbers were inflated. It was often assumed that the inflation was within an acceptable margin of error. But realm pops biggest failing when it comes to providing accurate counts of popularity is its complete inability to distinguish accounts. One player could have 50 void elves and it will count them all individually with no way to filter by account for an accurate popularity count. Another major flaw is that realm pop doesn’t tract activity, meaning if a character was created then boosted to level 120 and never touched again it holds the same weight in the counts as one that is played daily… if you could filter by activity you could get a very accurate representation of what is popular right now.

It is also worth noting that there was an observable migration to and from Void Elves shortly after they were released… their numbers did indeed spike up to rival many core races after the first month, but just as quickly as their numbers jumped up, they also dwindled. Hundreds of forum regulars who had gone void elf switched back to blood elf only a a couple months later, large guilds that had mass migrated swapped back, streamers who had made the switch also reverted, void elves seen in game dropped in frequency to near non-existent for many servers… and yet while this trend was easily observed, realm pops numbers didn’t change at all…

2 Likes

Thanks for such an in-depth analysis!

:rofl:

It is a good thing you aren’t a teacher.

2 Likes

Well, they didn’t succeed in shutting people up over it if that was their plan. They’ve actually just made it worse.

They both operate the EXACT same, the only difference is by the means in which they take power.
Both involve single, unilateral control by a single individual with no checks, balances, and often are associated with brutal regimes.

Unless you are really trying to say that dictatorship rule any differently than emperors such as Caligula

Sorry, you don’t establish a Monarchy by inheriting it.

You can’t be my teacher because you flunked out.

The current devs have made it crystal clear that lore will never impede or stand in the way of gameplay. That’s why everything is a death knight. Enjoy your non-void void elves.

Yes…yes you do. Inheriting means for it to be passed on to you.

Look bud, if you’re going to simply ignore facts then that is on you.
You simply shaking your head and saying “no, no, you’re wrong, you’re dumb” is not a counter argument.

When you die, void energy leaves your body. It doesn’t sit there in the corpse. We have seen this time and time again.
It is why Paladins were resurrected as DK’s in the past.
Death knights are the actual “race”.
Its like saying dragon fairy. It is a type of fairy, not a dragon.

Yes, not established.

I agree it won’t work for you.

For me its just another case of Blizz giving in to loud mouth minority whingers .

You really establish is a generic term. If you’re going to use it as an argument it fails.
Stalin established a dictator.
August established a monarchy.

Just an FYI, many kings are considered dictators.

I forgot I am dealing with someone who is known for refusing to properly discuss things and simply believes his opinion is right.
Feel free to ask any Ph.D the difference dude.

That excludes you!

Sorry, you are wrong.

Yes, and how many years did it take them to bring out more Half-Life? Half-Life 2: Episode 2 was in 2007. Alyx dropped in 2020. So even if they do come out with a Half-Life 3 (or even Half-Life 2: Episode 3), you’re looking at 2033 or later.

I am unsure why you keep replying to me if all you are going to do is act disingenuously.
If it is one of those “I need the last word to feel like I got something over on you” then go for it.