Blooming Screen Effect

Or I assume it’s because of the Blooming buff from the latest quest. There’s a giant green effect around the HUD that I can’t seem to get rid of. I’ve confirmed it’s happening to other people. Is this a bug? It’s really annoying.

Edit: It goes away after the next few quests. Irritating, maybe let us get rid of the buff.

8 Likes

all I know is that it’s giving me a severe headache. It’s almost unbearable to play like this.

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s really bad. I would’ve stopped playing if it stuck around after the Clash of Ice and Fire quest. Definitely taking some Excedrin after that, lol.

3 Likes

It’s making me seriously dizzy and nauseated. I couldn’t even make it from where Alexstrasza gave me the quest, to the area I’m supposed to go. I had to land and log out, I felt so sick. I hope I can find an add-on that removes screen effects because I can’t progress like this.

8 Likes

Jeez, I’m sorry to hear that. It gave me a nasty headache, but nothing so severe. I seriously hope they let us disable the buff soon, it’s such a jarring effect and I don’t even get what it’s trying to convey.

4 Likes

Yeah, I had to get up and afk for a while because I felt nauseated before resuming the questline. Not a fan of it.

8 Likes

Happily I didn’t get sick from it, but it was awful and distracting.

It was not a good experience.

4 Likes

It was incredibly annoying and vastly overstayed its welcome.

4 Likes

Thank you for letting us know it does end.

I’m not nearly as badly affected as some of you but I definitely feel like the blur is getting to me.

4 Likes

It triggered a migraine for me. I had to stop playing. Sad that I can’t advance the storyline at this time, due to the inescapable screen effect.

2 Likes

As others have stated, this effect triggered a migraine. I had to log out for a while, then once I felt a little better hurried to finish the quest. Is there any plans to either tone this down, or give us a means to disable it entirely?

4 Likes

I hope they look into it. It’s a completely unnecessary effect in the first place, let alone to be stuck with for 4-5 quests. :confused:

2 Likes

lol…I posted about it the other day.
The wife was complaining about it yesterday or day before.
Its annoying, but so are those little anime flyers around my head.
Not sure why they do stuff like this. Its not making the game any more enjoyable.

1 Like

WoW, I didnt see that.
Im sure they didnt think it would do that.
On my end I just dont like seeing anything that distracts me that doesnt need to be there.

1 Like

We’re working on a hotfix that should address this. Once the hotfix is live, this full screen effect will be included among effects that are disabled when you enable enabling motion sickness settings.

9 Likes

May I be so bold as to make a request regarding a similar subject, green hues etc, specifically about the raid boss Nymue.

This has been reported in beta, during PTR and still this boss is the bane of my existence.
I have been raiding since vanilla, most bosses but 1 gave me trouble. Mekatork because of the colors and having to call out colors and Nymue with its aweful visibility.

I find it really hurtful that this has not been addressed during beta. I have massive difficulties with the colors green and blue. I have tried ALL setting available in game and it does not fix it (settings in disability)

Please change the color of the Impending Loom lines to dark blue or black or even bright red.

Please. The visibility is near impossible for me.

1 Like

It should never have existed in the first place, never mind pushing it to the motion sickness settings.

Just what was the thought process behind having a portion of the zone campaign have the whole “huge green glow and everything becomes blurry beyond the center of your screen” effect.  I had to rush through as quickly as possible for those quests on my main and alts so I wouldn’t end up nauseated.  (And as a vision-impaired player, said blurry effect made it hard on my eyes to find related quest mobs and objects.)

Just don’t do this again, especially when it adds nothing to the experience.  /rant

1 Like

Why not just let players “Right-Click” the “buff” to remove the effect off of there characters?

5 Likes

This was the main thing for me. Even thinking back I’m not even sure what the effect was trying to convey, or why it needed to persist for as long as it did. While it gave me a nasty headache, it wasn’t nearly as bad for me as it seems to have been for so many others - but I have no earthly idea what it would add even if I was completely unaffected.

This felt like the obvious solution to me, short of removing it completely. I’m glad there’ll be an option to disable it, but I’d rather not have to enable a new setting for a few quests. …And I’m desperately hoping they don’t plan to do similar effects in the future.

1 Like