Bloodthirst vs Flash of Light

I recently level my furry war and I’m used to play Ret Paly.

Maybe I’m wrong but I found Furry War to heal better with bloodthirst than flash of light from the Ret Paly.

I think war abilities scale better than ret paly.

1 Like

I feel like warrior and other that heal through their damaging abilities are over tuned to be honest. With a paladin’s flash of light you have to give up your up time for a heal while opening your self up for the chance of being holy locked. There is no way to interrupt leech healing.

1 Like

Bloodthirst has % based healing. Healing you for 5% of your max health (6% with a talent).

Meanwhile flash of light is just a number.

FoL is much stronger baseline then BS, and remember that paladins have a talent that allow for instant FoL’s quite frequently.

BS baseline is small, 5-6%, however with the correct talents, Azerite pieces and abilities it can be mondified to do as much healing as lay on hands

Example: my current talent build:
Fresh meat
Double time
Sudden death
Furious charge
Carnage
Dragon roar
Anger management
Pvp talents:
Thirst for battle
Slaughter house
Enduring rage

Running 3xCBHS and 3xRF

Right off the bat fresh meat is going to increase healing from BT from 5 to 6%, when I charge into battle that is increased another 300%. If my enemy is below 50% hp then add another 50% increase in healing. Factor all these in with about 9k HPS from CBHS with enrage regen one bloodthirst will easily top you off

Fol light has mana constraints. You will get four by spamming casting it, mean while opening yourself up to being interrupted. Healing means your not hitting the target with DPS abilities. Again I ask what up time is a warrior giving up? What risk are they put in to use their healing?

You have to spend four Holy power spenders to get that free Fol.

Why did you replay to me? Just curious.

I hit just reply to be honest. The forums can be weird.

You fail at simple math if you think fury can outheal ret over the course of a fight.

2 Likes

Hmmmmm. I think an equally geared fury warrior could out heal a ret in a fight. Both PvE and PvP.

A properly specced Fury warrior in PvP is really annoying to kill. Through the PvE talent granting you 6%, enraged regeneration, and the PvP talent Thirst for Battle you can make yourself a total pest to deal with.

Because BT is % based getting geared up means your BTs go further as well. Back when I PvP’d for a bit for the PvP essence I could totally keep myself alive against ~3 people just through BT spamming and maybe popping ER to keep going.

On my rey pally I found myself often being capped and not needing it, honestly ret paladin has more efficient healing then fury

Also fury requires healing through attacks thus requiring you to be in melee range

You’re very narrow minded if you are looking only at healing to determine one class’ worth over another (for a DPS class, no less). Rets have incredible burst as well as other cooldowns that Fury Warriors don’t have - Freedom, BOP, Bubble, Lay on Hands, a baseline 6 second stun.

What.

Flash of light heals for 134% of ap. Which means if your gear is even half-not crap, it heals for around 35-45k normal and can crit. Ret paladin has significantly more options for healing than just flash of light.

Fury’s BT heals for 5% of hp. Outside of the 2min ER cd, it’s going to heal for around 20-25k max. It cannot crit. Alongside CsHb, it’s fury’s only source of healing.

What does scaling have to do with this.

Fury doesn’t have leech healing beyond what literally every spec has. And paladin has a lot more options than just, BT. and it doesn’t need to hit something to heal.

Ret and fury’s healing logs are effectively equal. So no.

3 Likes