Blood elf eye glow

I saw 8.3 ptr had blood elf eye glow gone? I thought we where getting a more magical brighter glow but it will be gone in 8.3?

1 Like

It seems all eye glow, such as Night Elf and Death Knight, will be reduced significantly. Apparently this has been a much asked for request.

2 Likes

I like the change. No more odd clipping of the glow

7 Likes

It looks so much worse though…

Mostly the male night elves. Their eyes look strange without the glow.

4 Likes

I always love the elves for there magical unique eyes hope its a option

2 Likes

The eye glow is more of an eye glow sphere hanging in front of the eyes. I’m so glad to see it gone.

3 Likes

I am glad that you’re happy. Hopefully we can get an option to use the older glow as well. I will remain warily confident until the new customization options go live.

2 Likes

I agree, customisation should mean adding options, not removing existing appearances.

3 Likes

They’ve said that the current incarnation on PTR is temporary; they’ll be implementing the actual changes at a later date.

That said, I’m hoping that Blood Elves eyes will look more like Lor’themar’s and Valeera’s. Their eyes are far higher quality than what we have now, and it shows.

4 Likes

If elf eyes don’t glow anymore…I will hate it.

1 Like

They still glow, the intensity has been significantly reduced though.

Still makes me sad :frowning:

1 Like

Blizzard’s already made a statement on this. They are not “Removing” the glow. The glow is gone right now because the eyes are being retexturized to look more like Valeera’s or Zandalari, with the glow being on the eye itself, not the LED nonsense we have right now.

Edit: Here’s the source.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/eye-changes-for-death-knights-and-elves/361766

3 Likes

As someone who played a dk… i’m happy with the change. The glow got to you in a while. I was always looking for ways to hide it.

1 Like

Thank the gods. The floating glow in front of my face is ridiculous.

1 Like

The explanation will be something along the lines of “McGuffin Sylvanas was so powerful she drained all the eye glows in the entire world!”

I read your name as Cornia (As in Cornea) for a second and almost commented that this subject must be very dear to you.

1 Like

Lol

/10char

1 Like