Blood Elf Druids When!?

A panda themed were-crane sounds horrifying.

We will give you goblins

1 Like

I’m sure they stated somewhere that they were going to eventually open up classes for all races. Mage, Rogue, Priest where in the first round coming on Dragonflight release.

In all honesty I am with you hoping it becomes sooner then later that players can be a Race and Class they both love. I already have so many Alts planned and excited. The sad news is theirs no dates it’s all speculation, could be years to come sadly :(.

I do personally think Paladins, Shamans and Druids would be last to be opened up. Only because Paladins with unique mount, Shamans with totems (even our core races are still using basically vanilla textures for totems :sob:), ofcourse Druid would need multiple forms slightly changed.

But with the acquisition of that new studio placing 100 workers directly working with WoW perhaps things get sped up a little.

Like I said, I hope this comes sooner then later….

4 Likes

I’d love belf druids. Be very nice.

5 Likes

Pretty much came here to say this
Every race and class combo will eventually be unlocked however they said Paladins, Druids, Shamans will probably be the last 3 since they require the most development work compared to other classes. Unless they plan on not making unique demon metamorphsis models that will also be a lot of work.

2 Likes

give us night elf paladins and horde can have their elf druid

4 Likes

Fingers crossed for never! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Then void elves will need high elf druid models with four blue eyes and blonde hair, and majestic white wings on their cat forms.

1 Like

Mechagnome Druids > BELF Druids.

I’m pretty sure that was only on the forums and not by a dev… I wouldn’t hold your breath for that to happen.

Realistically I think worgen and goblins should be able to be monks. That would be the easiest one to do next. Just have them both start in the new starter zone and be done with it. Lightforged Draenei should get them as well. Their recruitment quest involves helping one of their people who went around punching stuff.

I see druid and demon hunter being a long time before we see more options for them. But I would rather them take their time than be lazy and copy paste the forms from a previous race.

Tomorrow

Druid will probably be the last class to be proliferated to existing races simply due to the amount of work necessary to create race themed Druid forms.

With Dragonflight making Mages, Priests and Rogues available to all races, and Blizzard’s stated intention of eventually making race no longer a limiter to class availability (but who knows if they will ever actually live up to that), then eventually all races will be able to be all classes (how that will work for the Evoker class is anyone’s guess - assuming it ever happens at all).

So assuming Blizzard actually does make every current class available to every race (so leaving out Evoker), my guess is that the order of proliferation will be Monk, then Warlock, then Shaman, then Paladin, then Demon Hunter, and finally Druid.

The reason for my ordering is:

• Monk is only unavailable to three races, all of which already have the unique Monk animations. The only issue with Monks for two of these three races is that their original starting experiences take place before Pandaria was revealed and Monks became known to the world. The easiest workaround for this is to make Goblin and Worgen monks start in Exile’s Reach. Lightforged don’t need any special efforts made to allow Monk.

• Warlocks require only lore additions and little to no asset updates to make available to all races. Little time or resources necessary to devote to them. If Blizzard wants to really fine tune it, they may want to devote time and resources to recoloring Warlock abilities for some races.

• Shaman requires time and resources devoted to making racial totems for each race that can’t already be Shaman. Some races might be able to share totems with minor changes. For example, Lightforged could probably use the same totem as regular Draenei but the Lightforged totems would have light themed coloring and visual effects on them.

• Paladin requires time and resources devoted to making racial mounts for each race that can’t already be Paladin. Some races might be able to share racial mounts with minor changes. Additional time and resources might be necessary if Blizzard wants to denote different sources of power. For example, Void Elf Paladins may have void colored abilities rather than the typical light color.

• Demon Hunter requires time and resources devoted to porting unique Demon Hunter animations to non-elves. These animations can already be used by Nightborne and Void Elves but other races cannot use these animations currently. Time and resources would also have to be devoted to making new demon forms for the non-elf races. Additionally, Blizzard may want to recolor Demon Hunter abilities to denote a different source of power than fel. For example, Lightforged Demon Hunters might have light colored abilities in place of the typically fel green.

• Druid requires the most time and resources devoted due to needing to make racial specific forms for each race that doesn’t currently have access to Druid. Some races might be able to share racial Druid forms with minor changes. For example, Dwarf and Dark Iron Druid forms could be the same but with different coloring and perhaps some flame/ember effects on the Dark Iron forms.

That retort was so poorly written that Blizzard would probably hire you.

1 Like

Let’s make a deal!
You can have your arcane Druid the same day I can invite all my horde alts to my Alliance guild.

Blood elves are race defined by rejecting elune and choosing to follow their own mystical path.

Its extremely far from druid all things considered.

As a Horde player mostly, I just want a single Horde Druid that has close toed shoes!

1 Like

Uh… no. We already have to deal with gnomes and at least gnomes have some cuteness factor. You can keep your goblins and your fur covered goblins.

“In MrGM’s Twitch Interview with Brian Holinka(https://www.wowhead.com/news/mrgm-interview-with-brian-holinka-on-world-of-warcraft-dragonflight-liveblog-326888), Holinka has announced that Mages, Priests and Rogues will be able to all races in Patch 10.0!

While replying to MrGM’s question on new race/class combos and announcing the new combinations, Holinka has also mentioned that they will be looking at other possible race/class combinations down the line.“

While it’s not 1000% confirmed which sort of goes how Blizzard is now days, they’ve left it truely open with Brian Holinka himself they’ll be looking at more combinations down the line…

I honestly think it comes down to Blizzards time management in everything, while class/race combinations are not priority they definitely can see the community feedback about this decision and definitely should be focused more on Dragonflight content first and foremost.

But it’s not out of the drawing board on future things to see. But it’s definitely not just forum speculation…

1 Like

When all races get all classes.

4 Likes