Blood DK: Venthyr or Necrolord?

I’m wondering what everyone is running and why you choose one over the other.

Venthyr’s RP generation is top notch especially in Mythic + and makes bonestorm a viable talent to use. However, that means you don’t get Purgatory or red thirst, which I find much more helpful.

Necrolord has the fleshcraft to help with that awkward opening where you have no boneshield stacks and no runic power. And AL is great for controlling the spread in Mythics, especially Necrotic Wake and TOP, not to mention the resource management help with the boneshield charges. Using CRW lego with this I’d imagine hardly ever needed to use marrow. But playing Venthyr currently with CRW seems to be the best of both worlds.

What covenant are you currently using and why?

Venthyr(rp gen + 1 min cd) , never use bonestorm it is not worth it, go red thirst.

2 Likes

Thanks! Noted.

is venthyr still good in raids? seems like kyrian is supposedly the best raid and A tier in M+. i still wanna go venthyr tho lol

I feel like they are pretty close. Personally I like the utility of slappy hands, and fleshcraft is just so useful in so many situations, I don’t think I could give it up. We’re lucky, really, that we can choose between all 4 covenants without really gimping ourselves. (Ok, night fae is a bit worse, but still doable.)

1 Like

I just leveled this guy and started the m+ grind. Fleshcraft and Abomination Limb are absolutely amazing tools. Abomination Limb provides massive amounts of interrupts over its duration and mob grouping by itself. Fleshcraft is great to pop before a big pull or as an emergency button for the shield/damage reduction.

I obviously can’t speak to which is better because I really don’t know, just throwing it out there that Necrolord has nice perks.

On the note of Bonestorm too: It’s clunky, but with my lower ilvl (and not using Superstrain) it helps me keep aggro better on big packs. I don’t recommend it, but I have found a use for it.

Each cov choice has really solid builds that are all relatively equal. Some with greater strengths in certain categories than others, but overall pretty equal.
Comes down to play style and flavor preferences.

3 Likes

Necro here. Big meat shield and AL is a blast, keeping those bouncy trash that hop around in a nice death ball.

I prefer Kyrian for Shackle the Unworthy’s overall damage reduction. The Phile comes in handy, and works well in Torghast where it can be buffed.

Kyrian doesn’t match the DK aesthetic, but the bonuses are worthwhile.

1 Like

Haha, perfect.

It’s really good with melee cleave for sure.

I’ve tanked with both Necro and Venth around the 10-12 key range and both are really solid choices. I would have to give the edge to Venth right now though because the 1min timer lines up better with packs, doing dmg for group aggro and obviously RP generation. It feels wicked to door of shadows into a pack then blood boil, swarming mists. I haven’t tanked in raids.

If you wanna go super high, I would look at the raiderio website, sort by blood DK and see what all the top tanks are running.

5 Likes

Went NightFae here love it. Necro is good too its really up to you on your love of class fantasy.