Blood DK in RBGs

So this seems a little under discussed. Currently with the new PvP talents Blood DKs now have nearly INFINITE death grips, on top of an infinite slow. Allow me to elaborate;

Grip of the Dead: DnD has a 90% decaying movement speed reduction
Death’s Echo: DnD & Death Grip have an additional charge
Grip of the Everlasting: Death Grip’s cooldown is reduced by 3 sec and for 3 sec after casting Death Grip, you may cast the spell a second time without regard for its cooldown.
Abomination Limb: Pull an enemy to you every one second for 12 seconds (The same enemy can only be pulled every 4 seconds, or 3 times during the full duration)
And of course, Chains of Ice & Gorefiend’s Grasp

All of this together means you can get gripped 7 times all within 12 seconds. By the time Abomination Limb finishes, Death grip is already off cooldown again, meaning its more around 8 grips. This is all during the fact they can keep 70% movement speed reduction on you, then a 90% one briefly from DnD.

This all happened duirng a 2.3k MMR game (Yes its off season and it’s not that serious) but it was UNCOUNTERABLE for our healers. All the DK has to do is grab a healer and pull them away from a fight, forever. At the moment it seems Paladins and other DKs are the only ones who can really counter this. Considering it was our priest this happened to, they can’t stun or fear since its a Death Knight. They can’t out run them, nor can they kill them. You’re really just forced to lose a player for the whole match.

Its even worse on flag carrier maps because well, grips don’t have diminishing returns. The enemy Death Knight can stall the flag carrier for almost 20 seconds straight in one spot, sometimes longer.

I’m just really uncomfortable with this being something we have to play against, since most classes aren’t fortunate enough to have an escape ability to counter it. I accept that there are some people that are going to say this is “balanced” so please don’t argue about it because this isn’t a matter of opinions, this is just a fact now. Its apart of the game, and most likely isn’t getting nerfed.

5 Likes

This would be the most effective fix. Knockbacks have a DR, I think, so grips should as well.

1 Like

know thats just cold.
are they Trols… Ibet …

just kill the blood dk, they take 50% more damage in pvp. when i play blood it has no more or less survivability than unholy or frost.

1 Like

A. No one ever is going to take a blood DK who isn’t trolling.

B. If they got something that makes them marginally useful in lower CR? Good for them. They were Frost or nothing last patch.

1 Like

I just did an rbg with 3 healers, 3 tanks (2 of them blood dks) and 4 dps. It was not fun at all as our healers were being pulled into the corner of the alliance graveyard all game.

1 Like

I love RBG teams willing to think outside of the box at any CR.

1 Like

Test - ignore

This just happened to me in a random bg. WTF, seriously. I never understood why chains of ice can’t be dispelled either.

1 Like

Why’d you cast Raise Dead on this thread?

It happened to him lol

better than starting a new thread tbh

2 Likes

I don’t think anything will be done about it.

It’s just part of the supremely overpowered undispellable root abilities within the game.

Abomination limb and spears of bastion are both so ridiculously powerful that it’s shocking to me that anybody thinks they’re okay.

2 Likes