Blood DK essences?

Which ones are you using? Which ones should I farm for? Which are the best currently? O.O

If its dungeons/aoe, I’d recommend anima of life ena death. Also, vision of perfection is good for quick recharge of vampiric blood.

Open World content I generally run Anima of L&D and Sphere of Suppression. Anima gives passive max health, and its on use deals a huge chunk of Damage. Sphere makes things hit you slower, as well as giving you a permanent Haste buff so long as you are in combat.

Raiding I run Crucible major for damage, and Anima/Sphere (swapping occasionally) and Conflict and Strife. If it’s a heavy AoE raid fight I run Aegis over Anima and Sphere for even more Vers.

Vision of Perfection is trash for blood. I run Crucible major all the time, and the aegis w/ nullification or warden for minors.

Crucible is just too much dmg to pass up, and it can be a nice 30/100k heal in a pinch too.

1 Like

Don’t use Anima. Its a trap and sounds much better on paper than it actually performs. Pretty much the only content that its “good” in are meme keys and islands where you’re pulling 20+ mobs at a time.

Also don’t use VoP, the reduced CD on VB is what it is, but if you don’t actually need it that often its a waste of a slot.

For raid you want Crucible major and for minors Nullification Dynamo, Conflict and Strife, and either Formless Void or Warden.

In Mythic+ you still want Crucible for your major, still want Conflict and Strife, Nullification Dynamo and Warden for minors, but also want Aegis. Generally you’ll always run Aegis and CnS as minors and will swap in Dynamo for heavy magic damage and Warden if you need the extra Corruption resist.

3 Likes

That sounds like what i said, but with extra steps …

1 Like

The discord is saying Conflict and Strife for the minor replacing Null unless it’s Tyranntical Motherload.

If I had r3 I would use it for sure, and I probably still should with r2, but I don’t.

I just use rank one because I dont arena. Seems to work alright

Blanket response of “Use whatever works best for you” Prioritize the two 8.2 rep essences as they are good in most situations. You SHOULD be using Crucible major outside of very specific encounters where using formless void R3 and copying a dps/healer essence would be more useful for your raid than your personal dps to the boss.

I personally run Crucible major with null, formless and either aegis or vision minors and works well for me.

I cannot stress this enough though, always use what works best for you. Just because an essence combination works well for someone else doesn’t mean it will fit your playstyle, so mix it up!

2 Likes

I can’t personally give any advice better than what others have already said above.

However, you might like to take a look at this:

It’s a database of what essences (and essence combinations) and talent builds BDKs are using in Heroic Ny’alotha. You can also look at what people are using on specific bosses.

It might be a useful data point for you as you decide which essences to pursue.

1 Like

The buff to worldvein wasn’t enough to make it worthwhile? Also why aren’t we considering azeroths undying gift anymore?

melee dps should be standing behind the boss while you’re standing in front of it, so no worldvein is not good on tanks who are dealing with separate mechanics from dps.

That is a good point, thank you for replying. My DK doesn’t see much time in raids, so that didn’t occur to me.

Raids:
major: ancient flame
minors: null (too good to pass up), conflict and strife, formless void

M+:
Major: still ancient flame loil
minors: aegis of the deep, null barrier, and conflict /strife

basically the only thing that ever changes is aegis and formless void.

1 Like

I’m running for raids

Crucible major
Null for minor
Warden minor (need the extra corruption restancr at the moment), will swap it back to aegis or conflict
4th be whatever I have left.
For BG
Supression major (aoe chains of ice, heck yeah)
Null
Warden
4th be aegis