Blood dk 9.2 tier set

please change the blood dk tier sets. the 2 piece bonus is very similar to the unique playstyle night fae gave blood dk and both bonuses seem weak. why make dancing rune weapon give us another weapon? it wont help our defensive cooldown rotations and is unlikely to fix our massive dps problems that we have outside of our cooldowns. we are fine during dancing rune weapon, it doesn’t need to be a better ability. we need more damage in our kit, and more tools outside of DRW (which blizzard has really really pushed this expac) the tier set seems like a perfect chance to have better interactions with our other leggos, like gorefiends, but i just imagine it will only be useful if you bring the CRW leggo

please make a tier set that doesn’t depend on a leggo you guys changed halfway through nathria when you realized blood dk was in a terrible state

1 Like

No Way, I love it!!!

1 Like

So, I mainly do keys and I mainly tank and use the DRW leggo.

That caveat out of the way, I wanted to point out it seems like the strength increase only applies during DRW, and no word yet on wether the procs (100ms ICD, so up to 10/s) give you the strength bonus.

Further tying all of our damage to DRW would be problematic if it wasn’t already that way. And DRW is up quite a bit with the leggo. That said, it looks like those highs will be even higher, especially in keys when doing large pulls.

Personally, I think it’s fine. I can’t imagine what they would have done differently.

I’m thinking of maiming blood next tier and as you can see on my profile I do high keys. Bit surprised how subpar set is compared to other tanks.

It’s not 4s of incarn on every barkskin, but with such a low ICD it could get pretty silly in keys.

It’s similar, I feel, to the prot Pally judgement-counter 4 piece.

I posted this in another thread but I’ll repost it here.

The BDK from a defensive perspective, is by far the strongest one they’ve released for tanks. And also keep in mind, there’s several things that are untested or missing on the tooltip. The current iteration of it is broken, and that’s discounting the fact there’s probably something there that’s preventing you from from spending 10 minutes outside of a dungeon pulling 20+ mobs gaining stacks on the 2P and walking into a dungeon or raid encounter (because DRW doesn’t drop) with over 10+ minutes on the buffs duration.

Even for the people saying this is weak, if the fixed version of it averages about 40-50% uptime on DRW and we get HS cleaves and Marrowrend stacks from both weapons, it’s still extremely powerful.

The BDK bonus’, that wasn’t tested. There’s no current ICD on the interaction and would force all BDK into NF for M+. There are also a lot of questions about it’s interactions that would have to be answered.

-Does the free HS cleave in DnD/DD
-Does the free HS benefit from the now 2 rune weapons
-Does the free HS provide RP
-Does the ERW STR and extension have an ICD or a limit

This theoretically could move BDK to having over 50% avoidance passively, generating a full RP bar almost instantly, and having 100% uptime on DRW while doing more damage. more parry, more health from the meat shield conduit, and more armor each second you’re in a trash pull, and considering trash is way more threatening to BDK than bosses are this is broken.

Like would they really go live with a version of this where you would pull all those small slimes onto the first boss of PF and within 5 seconds you have double the HP and double the STR for the rest of the fight?

1 Like

It’s almost assuredly going to see some sort of soft cap, think frost mages icy veins timer extension. It’s potent but not feasible to keep up indefinitely.

Id also be surprised if it did anything like roll 3 instances of blood plague or full stack bone fields off of one marrowrend. I could be wrong, but 3 blood plagues by itself is just a ton of extra threat without considering the extra weapon cleaving.

Lots of unanswered questions still.

Blood has one of the best set bonuses!

Get the DRW leggo, and stack crit/vers. You’ll parry for days, which will get you more strength by procing heart strikes which will give you more parry.

Go look at the brew master set. A bad buff to a bad spell; breath of fire. And increased uptime on shuffle which… Already has 100% uptime! To the point where many brewmaster don’t know what shuffle is ><

2 Likes

The way I see it, brewmasters are the only ones who can really complain about their tier set bonus. It’s REALLY bad.

1 Like

How would it be in pvp tho? Doesn’t target have to be in front to parry?

For pvp bear tank for rbgs and prot paladin in arena.