Blizzard/WoW Should Embrace Streamers Rather Than Punish Them

How’s your reading comprehension?

An issue is that Streamers can essentially RMT that way by essentially selling spots in their random keys to people who sub/donate to the stream.

Thats why they dont allow advertising in the group finder and it can be reported

1 Like

That would be a form of RMT tho.

Also, you’re misquoting Marisol. The reference was to the mail the reporter sent you.

Honestly, if I’d sent the mail, it would have gone farther than informing you that I’d reported you. It probably would have asked why a non-AotC, 1691 IO tank is trying to stream and cluttering up LFG with such.

2 Likes

If by purely technical you mean advertising in the game qgainst the rules for a site where you gain personally, either monetarily or via followers, likes, etc. Which is against the rules. Then yes, purely technical.

The “im q streamer” crowd with 1 follower are so obnoxious. Go spam elsewhere.

1 Like

“hitting the button” referred to reporting my GF listing, not the mail that was sent to me. Again reading Comp-re-hen-sion

You mean like how the community is sick of advertising and yet here we are having to listen to someone complain he got silenced for advertising.

Seems like you don’t care about the community.

1 Like

There is absolutely no way for you to see my post with nothing but my name and no reference to twitch or streaming whatsoever as an ad. The person who reported me clearly knew of my stream. I made this thread to make sure I understood what was going on. Now I do and I adjusted my posting and yet still got reported because people know I am streaming not because I posted any type of link or reference to twitch.

Abusing and misusing the reporting system to troll someone is not good for the community.

I like how “the community hates people advertising” yet has zero issues with the actual RMT sites posting in LFG. Lets be clear, you don’t hate people who advertise, you hate streamers. That stigma is unfounded and not everyone needs to be a r1 or multiglad to stream and grow a community. Quit hating people who actually stream to grow an actual nontoxic community, as the response of people questioning skills due to IO scores and gear level is the EXACT reason why a good majority go play with streamers who dont care about their IO, CR, gearscore, or experience because we’re willing to coach and help FOR FREE.

5 Likes

This right here is why people leave the game or go to streaming communities. At least we are willing to help and wont judge them unlike people such as yourself.

3 Likes

hmmm it almost seems like someone wants him banned. not squelched or silenced like you say.

1 Like

If I was a streamer I would run a mile from Blizzard trying to do any ‘embracing’, they don’t have a good reputation with that sort of thing

1 Like

No, everyone really really hate RMT advertisers as well. They also hate gold spammers who used to plague the chat and even leave dead gnomes everywhere.

Not likely. Gold spam and RMT sites get banned all the time, many on stolen accounts.

Real people get a squelch, silence, or suspension, but the OP seems to be willing to change it up so they don’t push their channel.

All good. A person who tries to troll them is a single report. The system requires lots of reports from unique accounts, not one person alt hopping.

I am sorry they got an in-game mail after they had changed up their posting (assuming they did and don’t have something like TV in their “name”).

That person can be safely ignored though. If you don’t break the rules you don’t get punished, esp not the harsher ones.

And yet here we are with people in this exact thread stating they would go out of their way to report streamers and even go as far as messaging them stating they have no business streaming, which is a form of harassment, and maybe 2 people have griped about the RMT issue stating they report them. Looks to me and everyone else that can read that a form of targeting on streamers has been going on.

2 Likes

How about every player is treated equally with no one less or more important? I like that system.

I also liked when people didn’t play games to monetize them but that’s a whole other rant~

I will repeat this one more time.

Advertising of any sort for outside sites is not ok. None of them. Not in game, and not on the forums.

1 Like

No discord then? Since Discord can be monetized and may be considered a form of advertisement?

Definitely an unwarranted report especially based on the posting I made as you said my name doesn’t have TV in it for example lets say my twitch name was Blue6 (it isn’t) my posting said “@Jailer Blue6 Weekly Raid” no links no voice chat no mention of Twitch. I started posting this way after feedback from this forum. Happy to see you agree this shouldn’t be a reportable post.

Yup this false reporting is really what the issue has become. It’s just pitch fork hate reporting.

1 Like

And i will repeat myself since we like to parrot things:

Tracking down streamers in LFG out of spite and mass reporting them because youre biased against them, ESPECIALLY when theyre not putting any links to their channel in LFG, is a form of targeted harassment that has been proven to be a thing done willingly by individuals, thus abusing the reporting system

And you said it was allowed by “insinuated advertising”.

1 Like

I said no such thing. I did not say falsely reporting people who are not actually advertising was ok.

I said that advertising or promoting a stream would be against the rules.

Please do not misrepresent what I said. The only use of “insinuated” in here is you.

1 Like