Blizzard's reasoning for no new class

I mean, boiling it down like that is like saying all BM hunters do is send their pet in and occasionally shoot their bow.

There’s a far bigger untapped potential in terms of mechanics in Tinkers than any new variety of edgelord.

A lot has changed on the forums since last time I visited. Serious question- can you block someone now?

I think we’ve all seen this Blizzard hype before…

…only to find out it’s been changed, removed, different or exaggerated before release.

They are pretty unstable and unreliable when it comes to anything dealing with consistency.

Turrents and laserz is literally what ele shamans do.
Bombs is literally what survival hunter already does.
And most importantly we can literally make tinkers more atractive as a profession spec since their gameplay is in general very limited. There are no professions that allows you to tame pets or summon elements, there is one with turrets, gadgets, bombs and etc.

I hate how Blizzard thinks they need to have a whole entire damn expansion themed around a new class, just gives us Tinkers, Bards, or whatever you dont have to make a new expansion just for them.

1 Like

I dont rlly understand the demand for a new class. Most people on the forums complain that the current specs are too different from one another and asking blizzard to bring back class over spec witch will effectivily make all the classes play more similar. On the other hand you complain over a lack of variety… i mean dosent make much sense.

Unfortunately, no. It is something that Blizzard has said they want to implement, but there’s currently no timetable for when or if it might happen.

Discourse’s philosophy is that ignoring posters runs counter to the purpose of a forum. They’d obviously never been to GD before Blizzard chose their software for the new forums.

1 Like

They had the perfect opportunity to implement either Necromancer or Tinkerer (engineer-style combat class). Honestly pretty disappointed with what I see so far.

3 Likes

They gave that same BS reason for getting rid of class/tier sets. And then the raid sets ended up being garbage.

The reason is the budget for the game is too low. We still aren’t even getting tier sets. But yeah they are putting so much effort into existing classes, rofl.

Also

" there wasn’t a class that jumped out like the Demon Hunter did in the past with Legion for example. So a lot of our focus is more on building the world of the Shadowlands.”"

Yeah that’s why there are 5 zones. You are putting so much effort into world building. These guys have no shame.

1 Like

People keep mentioning necromancers, but nobody ever explains how they would be differentiated from warlocks and Unholy DKs.

I thought I read somewhere they weren’t doing major changes to classes. Just unpruning some abilities. But they don’t want to overhaul the classes and ruin people comfort zone… Which they’ve done countless times in the past…

1 Like

If we could at least get like a Dark Ranger Spec for Priest or Hunters, a Necromancer spec for DKs, a Shaman Tank spec, and maybe a Battlemage spec, I’d be cool for a long time.

1 Like

I would rather, like tf2 and Hearthstone, have them focus on the classes that already exist and making sure they’re fun and unique to play and get into trying to balance 40 different specs. At first i was hesitant with the only 2 specs of DH and coming from 4 spec Druids and 3 dps spec mages.

But after experiencing it, i think i’d rather have one well finished spec i can play with full depth, rather than unenjoyable or 3 half baked specs like feral’s convoluted unenjoyable bleeds and 4-5 clunky dot/buff juggling dps or bear’s entire whopping 3 buttons to keybind. Especially in say, a game where you can only play one spec at a time, it think it’s better to focus on every class having 1-2 viable dps specs and then 1-2 viable of the wanted roles like Tanks or Healers or utility, etc. DPS utility like cloaks/portals / buffs /bloodlusts/hunter pets/ raid cds is fun. I’d rather have 30 well balanced specs, than 60 half aborted half thought out through specs and no planning to play.

That’s a good point. It could be something that’s simply fun to play and meshes well with the others. It’s not like you are going to spend every waking moment in that expansion, especially when another one releases… and another. The Death Knight has no more priority, and no one seems bothered by it.

That’s a great idea. It would fill a lot of the class voids people are clamoring for, without taking away from the current ones.

No new classes is a cop out answer. There are so many things they could have done. 4th DK spec, Dark Rangers, Necromancers, etc. Even if they did a 4th DK spec that was totally different that would fit in with the theme of the expansion and give players more of a reason to roll allied race DK’s (and farm allied races if they haven’t allready).

2 Likes

The real answer why is that it would have cost them more money.

Makes sense to me. Let then focus on unpruning and fixing the classes we have before throwing another one into the mix.

And how many resources does it take for this unpruning?

The animations are already done, the spells have already been balanced, the code is already written…

The work has already been done…

1 Like

Or the more likely scenario where they themed an entire expansion around a demon invasion and then decided that might be a good excuse to introduce demon hunters.

Don’t forget “X cost us a raid tier” that one is always a classic.