Blizzard's reasoning for no new class

I am perfectly fine with no new classes since they are fixing the ones we have that they broke over 15 years of adding and then pruning we don’t need new classes or races all the time.

26 Likes

The main point here is the need to create more customization options are a lame excuse for not coming out with new, exciting content in terms of a new class.

If you think they have to be mutually exclusive, you’re just settling for less because Activision Blizzard likes to keep margins high.

9 Likes

Better be some darn good customization options. I’m looking forward to what they cook up, but it feels like it’s going to be real easy to disappoint me in that regard. They weren’t even comfortable enough featuring the new options in the actual features trailer.

3 Likes

I guess they either dont have all of them ready or they didnt wanted to show every single one of them

After all, they said that Blood Elves alone got 40 more customization options

1 Like

They didn’t have to. I mean that they didn’t even mention the fact that the options were coming. You had to read the blue post or watch the deep dive panel.

The trailer as a whole felt bereft of features, which is why it has a pretty significant dislike ratio on Youtube. It feels like they didn’t know how to translate the information they went over in the deep-dive into a decent advertisement for the video. At least mentioning the customization options and showing a wildhammer dwarf, an asian human, and a sandfury troll would have gotten the message across.

3 Likes

No new classes is better than adding a new one. Until they fix our current classes they should NOT be adding new ones.

21 Likes

Would Polly like a cracker? :rice_cracker:

3 Likes

I can definitely see how a unholy DK rip off or adding yet another elf only class…both which have nothing to do with the story of Shadowlands…didn’t jump out at them.

I would greatly prefer more time be spent on what we have now.

14 Likes

Yes, please.

…No, you can’t have it. This is all I have left and it’s mine. :rice_cracker: :imp:

Ahh, so Blizz is gonna be leaning hard on woke capital to survive this B-team expansion, huh?

Nope.

Yes, because Blizz has never changed or updated the lore or pushed it forward. Remember when Pandas could NEVER be a playable race?

4 Likes

Considering Blizzard isn’t even sure of what they are doing in Shadowlands makes it pretty hard to make that statement.

If they don’t know just how much work will be put into changes, how cam we as players know and then be able to categorically say it’s nothing more than a patch.

I agree with this. Customization options only change the appearance and not the actual mechanics. And with the game being so fast-paced and pick-up and play, you don’t even get to see half of the people in your area. I usually only notice a mount that really stands out, even armor is rare. And how are you going to see someone’s tattoos with all that armor? It’s not like people actually stop to talk to each other these days.

I really hope all the races are going to get a lot of customization options and not just humans. Would be pretty disappointing if the only thing Forsaken get is some skin on their bones and a goofy Final Fantasy looking haircut.

3 Likes

Yes they are, Unholy DK are basically Necromancers

Maybe because the large majority of them were isoleted from the rest of the world

Don’t be silly. You’ll get at least two anime-esque haircuts.

Druids are basically Rogues. Let’s go ahead and get rid of you all.

2 Likes

They also said BFA would undo pruning but in reality it made it worse, so I’m not going to trust them until we see an alpha of them undoing the pruning at the least. Just like BFA, they listed just a couple of abilities that are returning.

4 Likes

I’m happy to forgo a new class if we get more customization options. I have enough alts. I don’t need more.

1 Like

I don’t care the reasoning behind it, im fine with it.

Please god just fix the current classes, i want to have fun playing a lot of toons again

8 Likes

I’m fine with this, I barely play my Demon Hunter as is, it would probably be the same with another new class as well.