Blizzard's reasoning for no new class

STANCE BARS ARE COMING BACK!

Not sure about warriors, but Paladin Auras, Shaman Totems, and Rogue poisons were featured.

I’m OK with no new class. I don’t want to class hop or play flavour of the month. I barely play all the classes that exist already. I’m still working on having a monk and warrior at max level for at least one expansion - hasn’t happened yet.

I’ve still got legion order class quests and order halls to do for multiple classes.
Sorry, I just don’t see much value in yet another class but I get a lot of value out of more customisation for the characters I already play

Well it is the shadowlands, but necromancers only fit with Maldraxxus.

What about the Druid looking part of shadowlands?

Or the angelic part?

Or the vampire area?

There’s no class that fits the overall story. Just a class that fits one section of shadowlands

So I see why they wouldn’t want to add one. Maybe if the next expansion is lich king 2.0 and it ALL about death and the scourge, then maybe we’ll get a necromancer

Still tho, I’m pumped about more character options. I hope they add some really cool stuff to truly distinguish your character from others

They also fit with the Venthyr.

I’d put the venthyr closer to San’layn than necromancy.

But still, that leaves the Druid and angelic zones (forget their names) and necromancers probably wouldn’t even be welcome there

I don’t want a new class I want them to fix the current ones. adding a new one would just add to the cluster of garbage we are dealing with now

Didn’t they say there was no new customisations options coming for allied races? wtf?

So, no new classes, but we are supposed to get awesome customization? Alright.

It better not be half-donkeyed customization, then, especially on the cosmetics side. I can’t believe they skipped out on the Necromancers for this. This was thee expansion to introduce them.

At least allow unholy DKs to wear cloth and wield staves, or let warlocks get undead pet glyphs for the various demons. And give the warlocks some “corrupted” appearances that have their faces kinda screwed up to match all the Fel they employ.

The San’layn are not a class, and Necromancers are going to need more than a single specialization. I don’t know if I said it here or elsewhere but look no further than Diablo 3 for a good idea of how to make the Necromancer work (particularly alongside a similar class).

I dont think thatll be the main reason for unsubbing. Its doing the Legion BFA grind systems with new names a third time. While pretending its all new ideas again.

Yeah after what happened to demo when demon hunters came lets not add necromancer like people keep asking for

This KIND of makes sense in that maybe rumored Tinkerers didn’t fit, but there are a plethora of other classes that COULD have fit in.

I am mildly bothered by the fact that we have only gotten 1 new class every 4 years since the games inception (3 so far) and now we are bypassing this 4 years and making it minimum of 6 years by the time a new class would come out since DH’s were introduced to the game…but the game DOES need a lot of work to head back in a healthy direction and If they come through with as much character customization as it seems to be that will be sorely needed.

As far as Classes that could have come, i think some obvious choices would have been but not limited too

Blademaster (of which we saw one on Argus but haven’t seen anything else since).
Dark Ranger
Necromancer (although this does seem somewhat covered by DK)…still they could differentiate kind of like they did with buidling DH and taking a small amount of Warlocks stuff.

I’m fine with no new class.

I mean of course it won’t be a carbon copy. They will just delete the original so both classes don’t have the same abilities. Remember when warlocks had metamorphasis? Can’t have that in the game with DHs in it.

That’s a fair point. But wouldn’t you prefer if they branched out over multiple classes, if it meant more abilities, playstyles, and choices? Some of it would inevitably be geared more towards one class over another, like you mentioned, but all the other stuff would be added as well.

Dress up is taking resources away from game play.

No one should be shocked by this.

It’s a trend that is currently destroying Warframe too.

No. I don’t want to lose existing things for a hodgepodge class that I don’t care about. Let alone the fact you have to start from level 1 to get your spells back.

If you want Necromancer play Unholy DK. It even spawns a lot of ghouls and I believe even has more pet options in PvP talents. Don’t remove ghouls from Unholy DK to make room for necromancer which is 100% what blizzard would do as seen by warlock and dh.

I do find it interesting that “nothing jumped out at them”. With all the focus they were putting on Sylvanas, they totally could have added Dark Rangers.

Play a hunter. If anything they would revert survival and make everything purple. The spec already had black arrow which was the main thing dark ranger did. There is nothing actually different between the two.

The only two proposed classes that remotely made sense were tinker and shadow hunter because they don’t completely step on existing classes. Shadow Hunter at least uses the giant throwing glaive and isn’t a hunter that frequently visits Hot Topic.

Is it really the case that tinker’s didn’t fit?

Blizzard doesn’t do area of denial / control classes well.

A class that focuses on creating short to medium turrets, barriers, totems, pets, with empowerment (mech) windows would fill a niche in pvp that currently isn’t filled.

IE: druids often run away for drinks behind pillars etc. A tinkerer could turret the outer side of pillars / corners of the map to deny drinks.

Imagine a healer with abilities like ring of peace, smoke bomb, searing totem, buff totems, a frost elemental, and a death (or heal) from above ability.

They’d specialize in harassment and area manipulation.

1 Like