Blizzards chat/name Moderation in Classic

There have already been several posts in customer support complaining about 24 hour bans for name violations in classic.

Just report. Bad language is something that takes time to get filtered out. Nobody is sitting there scanning Silverpine forest chat for language. If you and others report the violation they will end up with an account action soon enough. And if they keep doing it, it will keep escalating.

If reporting disconnects you, try a full ui reset, and not reporting multiple people so fast.

4 Likes

Report them and /ignore them. I haven’t seen any of that in chat, just a few people I ignored for trying to be intentionally politically provocative.

I know Blizz is moderating guild names since there was a guy yesterday looking for new ideas for one after his was force-changed.

1 Like

It’s on us. The RCR feature is right there. Blizz has a clear code of conduct that anyone can access. See violations that make the game less inviting for whole classes of people, report em. I’m stoked to finally be away from the gross private servers.

2 Likes

Can’t tell if you’re trolling or if you think spamming racial slurs in general chat just to try and be funny and edgy is a cool thing to do, and that if you disagree you’re a snowflake.

Calling someone an N-word and then telling them to lynch themselves isn’t triggering to me, like i said i couldn’t care less and opted to not report so i wouldn’t DC, but how can you justify being able to say this to another person in a public forum? “You’re just a snowflake” isn’t justification.

Also, “Classic isn’t a safe space” is probably the most ridiculous thing I’ve read on these forums. Classic is the same as retail when it comes to chat. Why would it be different? Because the mobs hit me harder i should be able to be racist!

Makes sense.

4 Likes

Oh boy…alt-right bingo!!! I already have “snowflake” AND “safe space”. Just a few more to fill the card.

5 Likes

Pay attention to the paragraph on Harassment.

I think it’s unsurprising to see so many toxic people coming out for classic because Classic has in theory a lot of the right elements to be a nostalgia-based “safe space” for people who haven’t grown emotionally or mentally since 2006.

4 Likes

Can only speak to names, but have seen two threads in CS about suspensions over names.

It is not clear if they have a history of name violations that are carrying over, or if Classic is taking a more traditional suspension approach to violations. But it has been happening.

Considering how much of the core demographic for this game is now in at least their mid-30s, the LACK of any growth or maturity is what is truly disturbing.

3 Likes

Or just maybe infintalizing people because their sense of humor is more crass than yours is stupid. You can report anything that bespoils your delicate eyes, and can also leave the channel. You have tools available so whining on the forums that billy the troll said a naughty no-no word in chat is just dumb, and only serves to encourage and enflame the very behavior you dislike.

2 Likes

I’ve never reported a single soul for anything other than clear botting in over a decade of playing the game. My sense of humor is actually fine, and quite blue. There is a difference between “funny” and “juvenile stupidity” and almost everything that passes for a joke in Trade or Barrens Chat is the later. Will I report them?? No. Will I mock?? Damn right.

1 Like

Noon already?

A lot of the things people are complaining about is likely not a big deal

You have to right click report. No in game GM’s looking at chat constantly like there was back in the day for in game GM’s. Activision wanted save money so they did it this way.

Calling someone a racial slur and then telling them to hang themselves in a very specific way, referencing mid 20th century hate crimes, goes a bit farther than no-no words offending delicate eyes.

The only point of this post as a whole was that i was seeing so much more of it and at such a high frequency that i was curious if Blizz was going to be acting or not. Clearly they are, but my post was curiosity and not complaint.

1 Like

Or try not being offended or just block people.

Just words.

1 Like

Well it is still just words, words that can be reported and ignored. Welcome to the internet- since forever. My point is that posts on the forums like this is what they want. they want a rise and they want to know they upset you. Right click report, ignore after, and leave chat if it gets that bad.

It’s human nature.

No, it’s animal nature to say “That’s just the way things are.”

It’s human nature to try to rise above animal nature. It’s just that some are better at it than others.

2 Likes

How deep…

I got flagged for a rename on “Shredmypuss” so I think it really just has to do with report volume to bring attention to the issue.

1 Like