Blizzard zero Hunter changes in the patch notes?

:roll_eyes:

No one, at all, is forcing you to play anything

8 Likes

Double tap is nothing special. Hardly call it broken.

My issue is marks is just too squishy. Take some dps away if you want, gladly take survivability over it

7 Likes

In pvp, if you want to be competitive you play the best spec
and thats gonna be survival when this goes live
You’re not forced in pve obviously

1 Like

Feels more like he just commited the Double tap change to the PTR the Friday before taking the 4 weeks of vacation he banked all at once.

4 Likes

Was really hoping for some buffs to BM…

Kill Shot with it’s current dmg… does not feel like a “kill” shot. It just feels bad… makes it so low on the priority list even when in “execute” range.

Buff Multishot cleave so it damages enemies in a radius around the pet, so we don’t have to install a clunky WA to see which way you pet is cleaving and which unit is impacted.

Buff Multishot cleave duration.

Give us a raid wide lifesteal CD (ie. 20% lifesteal/leech for 20 seconds, 5 min CD).

3 Likes

Yeah get out of here with this garbage blizz I am done too.
Didn’t buy DF, just UNSUBED

Happy for the SV Hunter changes. Good changes that will help us in M+ We can def use a buff.

Defensively, ALL HUNTERS need some changes, and I do not think that will happen until they get the numbers right.

2 Likes

I’m hopeful they have plans but at the same time I’m assuming they use modifiers for tweaks based on percentages: per skill and global modifier for PvE and PvP.

So you can say Kill Command +5% and globally increase by 3% all skills.

This lets you make small tweaks to both individual skills and the class as a whole easily with a number change based on NPC or Player.

Even if they have plans to make some kind of an overhaul it’s easy to say Beast Cleave gets an increase in the interim - but they don’t.

It’s incredible, really. AAA devs I’ve worked with are slow to do anything at any point while some indie teams I’ve worked with I’ve seen push game updates over Steam daily, sometimes within hours of bug reports it’s wild.

My bud recently released on Xbox, Playstation, Switch and PC, solo dev, he does nightly builds for fixes, added UI/controller features based on requests, etc. But that’s what separates those who do it for the love of games and those who are there to collect a paycheck. Like his game reviewed very well and could have just rode out the paycheck to a McMansion but he wants to make it the best he can and make sure issues or concerns are addressed.

No, that’s what separates individuals who can do almost anything to their passion project with zero oversight since they’re a 1 or few person job, and those who have a whole bureaucratic system, team, and deadlines to work through.

I highly doubt you’ve worked with any form of software developers, or have worked with them in any real capacity to understand how pushing code works.

are you pushing to be top 100 or like 2700 plus? cus if not u can get 1800-2k plus with any spec and enjoy it and do decent. no1 is forcing you to play anything unless your doing what i just said and that is still possible with all 3 specs if u look at the ladder

3 Likes

You mean like the publishers and deadlines he had to work with? Right. Yeah. Small devs don’t get publishers right. Sure. Never happens.

Oh I’m well aware of how cert works with console platforms which is why I specifically mentioned Steam. Even Valve has pushed updates frequently to their games and even SteamOS for Deck - more than once per day, sometimes within hours of bug reporting.

A lot of devs push test branches to Steam to test bug fixes, feature implementation, etc before creating packages that need to pass cert for consoles. I’m well aware of the cert process for games and patches. Nothing new.

And, I have worked with AAA teams. Hell even Sony sent me early PS4 devkits since I helped a few friends with some bespoke code for 1st party and frequently helped the 3rd party dev community with tools so they probably viewed that as a good investment if it helped them get those games on their platform faster to bolster their library.

You’d be surprised who has worked with who in the industry. I’ve seen people from Rockstar to Insomniac reach out to small devs and even solo basement devs to help and vice versa.

There’s a reason there’s 2000 names in game credits in a 150 person studio. We get around a lot in the community from 1st party to Joe Schmoe working on his first game on a hand-me-down laptop. Work in the industry and you’ll see it all.

Slinging code for games is not some kind of flex. It’s just a job writing code. Weird your post suggests you think it is. It’s literally just another job. Maybe if I ruled over the planet I could flex but code is nothing LMAO.

1 Like

For real, 3A sucks the passion out of game devs let me tell you. I’m only recently working on my own projects after years in 3A and my name is quite literally on games that were made on the other side of the planet, cancelled, big games, small games, you name it. Code gets around for sure but it’s all meaningless and at the end of the day it didn’t feel like anything more than a soul sucking desk job with more red tape than a home Depot tape isle.

1 Like

Oh man it’s a revolving door, absolutely brutal. I’m glad I was never directly employed for an AAA and instead just tossed code through small contracts. I feel for you big time. A lot of my friends just jump from company to company like it’s nothing. A few outright left the industry. Very gutted over a few of them it makes me sad. I feel AA has a bit better culture than AAA but not by much. Indie I think is the best, depending on who is at the helm. Some can be just as awful in small groups. Glad I have a day job and this just pays for all of my toys. I don’t think I would last long in that environment I like small cases so I can break loose easily and do my own thing. Primarily I do physics but I’m starting to branch out for fun. Making my own tiny engine from scratch and learning the process. Feels so good to have something draw on screen I’m not used to this side of dev. I’m like holy ish I made a sphere render this is like inventing fire lmao. Very basic stuff but this ain’t my wheelhouse so it’s super fun to do the small stuff.

1 Like

just did the same

I swear up and down it’s the most fun spec in the entire game to play though. Once you get over the lost class fantasy and think about it as a different type of hunter. More like bounty hunter instead of big game hunter. Fast, agile with big weaponry and explosives.

3 Likes

It’s fun in pve.
I find it absolutely horrendous to play in pvp however
I personally dont like the class fantasy though because it is very confused. why are we throwing bombs in melee range? are we hill billys that dont care about our lives?

The gameplay, is very fun, regardless of that though.

2 Likes

Oh, see I play it in PvP. I couldn’t imagine you would use all of it’s toolkit in PvE.

Blizz really looks at Hunter survivability in PvE and PvP and goes “Oh they are good defensively”…yet they look at Arms and go “OMG WE NEED TO GIVE THEM IGNORE PAIN MASSIVE SHIELD ARMS IS SUFFERING”…I really don’t get Blizz, bunch of jokes over there.

3 Likes

The spec just plays awful in pvp to me. It’s less of an issue in PVE
Main reason i’m so against this gutting of marksman, i do not want to play this spec in arena, and bm historically is neutered when it’s good because arena players hate that spec /shrug

1 Like

SV damage is getting buff on 10 Jan but other than that no change and MM is going to lose DT next major patch.