Blizzard you need to account for your servers killing people and losing their Soul of Iron buff

I very luckily didn’t die to that server trash fire that just happened, but an absolute ton of people just lost DAYS worth of time into a Soul of Iron character because of it. It’s genuinely frustrating as hell seeing that much effort go to waste because of an issue on the game’s side. There needs to be some consideration for instances like this happening. I know it was a “small” added feature but you endorsed the “ironman” challenge of not dying when you put the NPC and buff into the game, and you should look into rolling that back or something for people who died in that timeframe.

Inb4 some absolute gigabrain people tell me that nothing will happen, I already know. And for those of you ready to froth at the mouth at the mention of “hc” players, go take a nap or something, we already see enough of your garbage in game chat flaming people who want to take on the challenge.

20 Likes

Good luck getting a response.

3 Likes

Losing the Soul of Iron buff due to a server / realm crash would suck.

Condolences to all SOI peeps who perished.

18 Likes

RIP GUMNUT

Level 10 gnome warrior

4 Likes

I am one of those who lost their SOI buff because of crash. I opened the ticket. Its not my fault. If they will not restore it, I wont sub again.

1 Like

C’est la vie…

or rather…

A ete la vie.

C’est la mort.
RIP

1 Like

You get nothing back in D3 hardcore mode when this happens. I expect the same here.

:man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Agreed but it’s 100% inevitable. You had to know this was coming.

1 Like

This is why HC challenges dont work so well with online games. Sorry but not sorry.

3 Likes

Part of the challenge.

3 Likes

You do a “no death run” in a MMO; this is what you get. If it wasn’t Blizzard’s server, it would have been your own ISP going down one day during a fight then you come back dead. MMOs require 100% internet connectivity. This is the worst kind of game you could do a “no death run” on. It basically puts you at the mercy of your internet and Blizzard’s server. You could have challenged yourself in any number of other ways, gray gear only, no talent points, and so on.

5 Likes

roflcoper goes soi soi soi soi soi

1 Like

you wanted hardcore
this is hardcore
do you realize how many diablo HC characters die due to server issues? lol

2 Likes

I hope you also have internet that never, ever falters when you’re playing.

“lost muh hardcore buff 2 weeks into the game being out, TIME TO QUIT”

you guys are clowns

6 Likes

Its our money not yours. This buff gives us satisfaction and reason to be disciplined and not mess around.

3 Likes

Start over, or quit, I literally could not care less. But I will laugh at you.

1 Like

play on PvE server? what problms?

Other games have hardcore modes as well, and any death is perma death. I don’t expect anything to be restored, and its one of the risks taken.

Sorry if you feel you’ve lost time, but thats hardcore life. Hardcore runs aren’t for everyone, and thats ok. Demoralized after a 2 week death means it might not be for you.

2 Likes