Blizzard will never admit that Survival rework is a failure

Sorry I was using it as a rebuttal to the people linking the vanilla manual to justify rsv but go on

Looks like youre still behind the development of the enlightenment if you dont want to rationalise your talking points…

Idk seems to me that when people saying Melee hunters fit the fantasy you guys jump to that manual in vanilla then when we show you the vanilla talent tree you guys go “Wait thats not what I meant”

So which is it?

So, side topic, doesn’t that also indicate there might be something wrong? If the devs don’t have a good idea of something meaningful to give to the spec and it was left nearly completely untouched going from BFA to SL?

To be clear, this isn’t specific to the whole RSV thing. I think BM also has similar issues (more so in the talent department though).

Dude you are literally like a fly that lands on a plate every time when you grilling.

Go level up a hunter and come to hunter forums. Please

I can see on your theories how developed you are, like
Hungarian’s marine fleet

I have my hunter on EU, so unfortunately i cant post here.
But you shouldnt really throw shade on using a low level char when youre posting on a lvl 50 hunter with hidden profile. Hypocrisy much.

Yea, I agree that Blizzard made a big mistake and should probably give us back RSV as a spec but it would be unfair to the people that love melee survival (like me) to just take it away. That’s why I always said they should give RSV back as a 4th spec.

Yea Blizzard isn’t too sure what to do with hunters atm, all three specs aren’t doing too hot in raiding terms.

3 Likes

Oh no, I completely agree with that and consistently argue for a 4th spec as well. Was just trying to avoid that topic since my question was more so adjacent to the topic at hand.

Yeah. I am hoping somewhere down the line we’ll get a talent revamp or something tbh.

2 Likes

Honey ever heard about privacy?

Survival did exactly what it was meant to do back then…Survive. it was the more resilient of the hunter specs subbing damage for survivability. People wanting it back fail to realize that it wasn’t a pure dps spec back then like they imagine it was. The spec has transformed so many times since they gave it explosive shot in wrath and black arrow in 3.1. So all you guys wanting the original identity back tell me you’re wrath babies and haven’t played survival in BC or prior.

Dude, perfectly fine if you wanna hide behind an alt, but you then cant go around throwing shade on other people using an alt. Do you not see how this is intelectually dishonest?

7 Likes

4th spec would be solution to all these cry babies :smiley::smiley:

What I think is that blizzard has limited themself with legion of adding new classes or specs. Basically anything that would be requiring a weapon. Again I think that doesn’t mean I’m right. It’s just common sense if you wanna follow the lore. If they didn’t had artifact weapons it wouldn’t mater at all. As well I would like the option where I can have melee weapon and ranged equipped. Love my hunter running with staff and ranged weapon :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

I’m srry for that honestly, you’re right. It was wrong to say that. I do respect others people privacy and as well myself.

I’m going to assume you don’t realize just how bad you look, calling out someone for posting on an alt or whatever while literally doing the same thing.

Honestly, I doubt it’ll matter. If Blizz wants to add or change stuff, Legion content will not stop them. It would be incredibly limiting from a developer POV if say, they want to add a new class they think would be a perfect fit for an expansion and then go “Oh, what about Legion? Guess we can’t do it.”

It would be putting themselves into a corner when new classes / specs can act as expansion features to entice people with. I think the addition of Chrome Time helps address that, and I think they can make other small tweaks to help ensure they can add new stuff if they want to.

2 Likes

Yea i realized that and I apologized for it

There is a huge potential there. Chromie time gave them excuse to alter mistakes in past.

1 Like

I mean, the simple solution to Legion is to just add new weapons for each/class spec they add down the line. They don’t need to fully develop the trees or anything for them. Even now they could just remove the ability tab from the weapons and move the… I forget what they’re called… the slots to the appearance tab and boom, all that need be done for new classes/specs is new weapon design, appearance variations, and lore.

Alternatively, they can just give new classes/specs access to other classes already established weapons. For instance, RSV could just be handed the MM Bow and be done with it. Hand a Time Mage the Arcane Mage staff, etc.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much how I think it’ll go down if they add or revamp current classes again which they almost certainly will at some point.

As for adding new classes, probably add in a small quest or something with a weapon as a reward that functions with the relics or whatever.

Actually, do those still work any more even? I know I’ve seen a few people post about having their weapons stuck at item level 20?

We already use other specs appearances is not that they didn’t gave us already access to them. If they added as 4th spec they could use any weapon. It would be lore friendly if they could provide proper weapon for that spec. A valid point tbh

The relics? Yes. I just finished Legion on a Demo Lock last night and with all 3 relics slotted, their weapon had an ilvl of over 50. Some people just may not understand what the relics are for. I mean, if you started in BFA or SL, you may not realize you can slot those relics into your weapon and make your weapon stronger.

2 Likes

Yes I love how you left out the NOW part of what you quoted. Paladins were not quite tanky in vanilla AKA wow classic. No where near. I know because I played a paladin then. The forums were always after the devs of why the description was that, but yet we could not do it. Hell there were not even proper tanking gear. Thats why I have that description, sitting in my paladin folder. You were either ret or holy. Period. In TBC we had a chance to tank. Even then we were mostly OFF TANKS. Again I know because I was there…playing as one along with playing this guy.

The point I am making is the game changes., evolves, all to the Dev’s whim. Now you can say, I’m making your argument. Yes you can say that. But its been 5/12 YEARS. They have devoted time to SV to be this spec. It is not some rehashed spells and talents. All of it was new. This is why its here to stay. Good, bad or other, its what it is now, and that’s bottom line, because Blizzard dev’s say so !

2 Likes