Devs update with refusal to pull the ripcord

I just choose to not let it bother me. /shrug

1 Like

It will lock players into a covenant they wouldn’t have picked just for the power increases. I just don’t see this as a player positive system at all.

1 Like

That’s on the player.

That’s on the system.

Choosing not to care about your character doesn’t mean that it wont impact you lol

I could choose not to care about wearing a weapon, but it’s still going to have a massive negative impact on my character.

3 Likes

This is the real problem for me. Balance is the unobtainable dream. It always has been - it always will be. Even before borrowed power systems were implemented, balance was rarely found.

Unfortunately, the ability to balance ALL of these covenant abilities is simply not possible. For him to double down and say “well yeah, it’s a problem, but we’ll just have to try and balance it” is a huge problem given the impossibility of the goal.

When everyone makes their choices in the first 2 weeks and Blizz goes in and messes with all of the numbers, people will be upset… people will feel all of their time is a waste… It won’t FEEL good for most players.

This has no positive outcome. I don’t see how this positively effects the game.

6 Likes

Yup, then maybe don’t obsess over optimization.

4 Likes

It doesn’t affect me at all… I already have favorite covenants picked for all 13 of my characters and don’t plan on switching any of them.

2 Likes

Stop telling others how to play the video game. :+1: :+1: :+1:

You play it your way, he can play it his way.

2 Likes

This argument is kinda silly. Side A hates this and wants to be able to choose at will. Side B likes the fact that the choice makes a difference in their mind. Side C doesnt care either way, and are just here for the lol’s.

Side A and Side B both agree that THEIR way is the way it should be, and anyone who disagrees with this is WRONG!

Its a silly argument. At the end of the day, one group or the other is going to be unhappy. Such is life.

2 Likes

That depends what content you do. If you are doing the high end stuff then sure, past that then it’s not really an impact unless you obsess over that.

1 Like

I find optimizing my character fun. I find transmog and aesthetics fun. Now I have to choose because of this system. I hate it.

4 Likes

Dude, it’s an RPG lol

1 Like

I am not telling others. I am pointing out that demanding devs steer design to my own wants in the game is silly. If you are clearly going against the system then it’s on you.

Or don’t whine about it if you fail to accept the design in the first place. Not sure how I’m telling people to play a certain way.

That’s fair feed back.

Well if balance is impossible, the only real answer is to turn all characters into samey gray blobs. Turning covenants into a talent row is just an indirect form of gray blobbing.

That doesn’t seem like it’s necessarily the best course of action, for reasons that at least I think are obvious.

No matter how I look at it, I can’t think of a way to make gameplay more interesting and diverse as long as players take competitiveness as far as they do now. It seems like being competitive and gameplay variety are to some extent mutually exclusive, and to get one you have to scale down the other.

1 Like

It boils down to player agency.

If your choice eliminates your accessibility to half the game you normally play that’s a problem. If it hinders it in some way that’s a problem.

Nobody has a problem with story consequences. Such that you choose to be good or evil, or neutral. We did sign up to play an RPG and already pay a tax on the class and role we choose.

The problem is as always the latest rental power system presents a new issue.

Rental power systems are just not good. If we want to talk about covenants that have no abilities given just armor, mounts, tabards, etc, that’s another matter and a plus for the game.

6 Likes

…? :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

Your point? RPGs are played all sorts of ways dependent on the developers main goal.

2 Likes

Try interpreting someone actually having issues with something vs someone telling people to play a certain way.