Blizzard under fire! PvP changes!

does anyone else find it coincidental at best that blizzard is under fire for being a poopy company and now all the sudden were getting some changes? I.E - War nerfs, dispel trinket changed to magic dispel .

Although thats only two i wonder if there will be more attention now

You mean (nerf) as in singular. All they did was change intervene from 6 sec to 3. And change the maledict trinket. Not exactly a whole lot of changes but ok. and the intervene fix was a long time coming to be honest.

I question the timing mainly. Also I am curious if this new light they’re under will bring internal changes which will overall equal a better game with a more responsive dev team that listens to their player base.

Could still be living in a dream but idk!

4 Likes

There’s such a long list of things that need adjusting. Hopefully we’ll start to see them.

3 Likes

its only been a week, these changes were likely being tested before the news hit the fan honestly. Hell, they are still actively hiring people at blizzard and you see them posting about it on twitter.

We wont see any systematic changes because of the lawsuit for quite some time.

2 Likes

Not gonna be many changes. Just roll a BM hunter and afk win.

I think all the pve guys are protesting so the 1 pvp guy finally has the autonomy to slip in some pvp dev time.

15 Likes

I rarely post anything of value but it’s def poor taste to see posts about how you hope this girl offing herself will get you changes in your video game

Just weird bro

9 Likes

My understanding is there is literally no work being done at blizzard right now because they’re all in a panic.

Unironically, these are probably all the 9.1.5 changes they’ve been doing for the past 2 months behind the scenes and they just YOLO released them today to give the illusion of work.

One guy says something in an instagram post about “no work being done” and everyone takes it as 100% fact that every single dev at blizz is just sitting at their desk watching cat videos.

Idk man, the lack of critical thinking in this kind of mindset is a little strange. These changes were most likely already in the pipeline for weeks before the news hit. There’s no conspiracy to pacify 5% of the wow playerbase with a few PVP changes. That’s delusional thinking.

2 Likes

I don’t think you’ve ever worked for a big company if this surprises you.

A scandal this big is basically going to shut down any company and put everyone in rotating sexism sensitivity classes for a long time.

Combine that with blizzard’s general lack of work ethic, we’ll be lucky to see 9.2 before 2023.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t engage with that guy
He is a tool, and kind of toxic, over in the monk forums too

1 Like