Blizzard tuning is lazy at best

“First, we largely view this as a preferred playstyle issue and not a balance one.“

The same could be said for destro/surv. So why touch those classes and not touch any of the other ones lol. They’re just lazy and half :peach:ing their current game.

So instead of nerfing 2 specs you want them to buff like 34 specs? lol ok

1 Like

Oh man, I didn’t realize that was such a difficult job for a multi billion dollar company, who has already said “it’s as easy as turning a knob” to toon the classes.

But yeah. So hard. I’m way out of line.

Blood’s actually fairly weak without their tier set, and they’ve already nerfed tier once. The issue is if they nerf blood’s tier too much, they’ll drop off entirely again.

I mean it is a little silly to think that they’re going to do that versus the path of least resistance

ESPECIALLY at the tail end of an expansion

If I recall right Blizzards approach to balance is a wait and see strategy. They take their time not to rush out with the buffs and nerfs for good reason. I’m sure at some point if something needs to be addressed they’ll do so.

I really wish feral druid was viable in m+ :frowning:

yeah, its a constant cycle of nerf/buff/nerf/nerf/buff/buff so the net change is the same. im actually curious what we’re going to lose and how bad its going to be when the lazy borrowed power cycle hits us next expansion

Why is this a bad thing? I love salty potatoes.

Have you seen the absolute mountain of bugs in this game? No one thinks they can do anything anymore. There are still hoops you need to jump through to just complete normal quests in SL, navigate to wowhead and look up all the workarounds that players have found to get it to work. Lazy is generous.

They keep nerfing them because of a by product of the level squish. No doubt the multiple iLVL squish and actual level squish was nothing more than a percentage or visual change instead of manually going through and changing all the base numbers to something lower because that would take forever. It’s far easier to just hit everyone with a flat % change and/or visual change and call it a day.

But in doing this, even if they didn’t, there is still the issue that some classes just scale better than others so when the iLVL jumps too much you end up having one class performing much better than others than they were at a lower iLVL.

Just look at the latest buffs to balance druid, they even admitted that our starfall scaled worse than they want so they will be looking at what they can do to address that and for now just gave us a flat % boost because it’s easier than trying to address how starfall interacts with our stats.

When survival hunter and destruction warlock are so overpowered they are able to kill entire packs in a +20 before other classes even press their buttons, it doesn’t matter how much you buff the other classes

Also, having specs that revolve around pressing one button over and over be that strong is good for no one.

I hope we see tuning like this more often. I really don’t want to see another shadowlands seasons 1-3 ever again.

1 Like

Remember when frost mages used to be gods? That was because Greg Street mained a mage. Think about that when nerfs and buffs happen currently and who at Blizzard mains which class.

Pepperidge Farm remembers