Blizzard trying to villainize Tyrande

Legion’s story where we followed Alliance characters around for most of it, there was basically no Horde story outside of Sylvanas losing to Genn…and the final climatic scene of Argus where 0 Horde characters showed up…only Alliance…

Is what they consider a fair and balanced expansion.

1 Like

Did you really just ask that? Suramar. The origin story for one of your new allied races.

Because Blizzard had the bright idea of having the player bond with characters and a race for half/two-thirds of an expansion’s endgame, then gives the race in question to one side.

3 Likes

Sorry, Suramar is not a Horde story because they were not part of the Horde at the time of the story.

Yes.

I also liked the storyline with talanji. I like hey as a character and I hope they feature her more prominently going forward.

So you’re saying one of the world’s most catastrophic historical failures is something Blizzard should replicate to make the Alliance players feel good and … do what for the horde players?

That wasnt an alliance story that was plot device in the horde story.

7 Likes

you mean to tell me we had 2 questlines instead of 1? the second of which alliance took a major roll in. you are being the quintessential alliance player right now pining over something that you didnt get. guess what horde did the same as alliance on the vindicar helping out the lightforged. :slight_smile: oh yea the same thing alliance did for the nightborne, they were questlines to move the plot of the zone not for horde or alliance.

You say this, but I know a lot of people with a bad taste in their mouths because all of their actions on Alliance side were basically negated and swept under the rug with the Nightborne picking the other side. There’s plenty of salt about this to this day, and you’re lying through your teeth if you claim that if the Nightborne went to Alliance, that the Horde wouldn’t be salty about it.

But I think I’m done rising to trollbait. There’s so much redvision here that the color green would start to look like the surface of mars.

2 Likes

Hey, whenever the Horde brings up the Alliance killing Rastakhan we are constantly told “he wasn’t a Horde leader, and killing him pushed the Zanadalari to the Horde”.

At the time of the Suramar storyline, they were not part of the Horde. So by default, it was not a Horde storyline.

I’ve done a lot of questing and work in Mechagon. And they get to go to the Alliance. Maybe I should start whining about that.

She was always a villain

When I played through Suramar it felt to me like yet another zone of Alliance lore and history. At no point did it qualify as a horde zone. Not even a hint of horde present past or future. It was only at the end of the expac did anyone know how that was going to play out.

dont forget the lightforged on the vindicar

I’m surprised they didn’t give vulpera to the horde and make mechagnome a neutral AR and treat them like the panda’s.

I strongly feel they’d never make a neutral race so closely based on an Alliance core race.

These things aren’t mutually exclusive.

If I trusted the writing, I’d think that Tyrande using the same “but someday they might start another war, so we need to strike first!” argument that Sylvanas used was a thematic choice. As it is, I strongly suspect it’s the only argument they can think of.

If she starts killing Horde despite being at peace, that’s murder. That’s objectively evil.

I think we all know that’s where it’s going.

Why does everyone forget about us Highmountain?

Despite wishing the HM were cross faction AR along the lines of VE and NB, I never felt like that zone was any way related to Alliance.

Highmountain had zero chance of being a cross faction AR with how little changed in the race.

I don’t think the horde would be salty. And I think horde not complaining about their ARs so much is interpreted by the more extreme amongst the alliance player base as them getting what they want so they’re happy. In my experience its more hordies playing the hand they’re dealt and not getting so wound up about choices they don’t have and using the ones they do… like playing the other side if you like that race so much.

Get the steak knives boys, we got ourselves a traitor.

1 Like