Blizzard Still Not Listening?

Widespread enough for PCgamer to identify it.

They make reference to the patch being the major complaint from players.

I know awful lag has been present in Drustvar on my server since launch. It was being discussed in general /1 chat every time it happened.

3 Likes

I have never encountered chronic lag. I’ve been in runs with former guildies who were throwing a hissy fit over it though and apparently they suffered from it all the time. So I’m not sure where the issue ultimately is.

It certainly wasn’t hitting me, and I was in the same instance as they were, so it wasn’t something inherent with the server itself. Or it would have been hitting both of us.

At that point, I have no idea what the issue could be really or if it’s something under Blizzard’s control even.

You’re as bad as the YouTube groupies who swear their favourite streamers speak gospel about the game. Lighten up a bit.

Is there lag? Possibly.

I very rarely experience lag in the game. A couple times during a raid a couple weeks ago, but that’s been about it.

I think it’s fairly sage to say the lag is probably regional then, and while it may impact you, and maybe the nihilistic writer at PC Gamer, it’s likely not near as catastrophic as you want to believe.

Hells, that nationwide CenturyLink situation may have had something to do with part of it.

Fact check and get concrete evidence before you fly off the handle claiming that Blizzard is at fault for everything you experience.

We get enough of that every 3.5 minutes on the GD forum as is. The whole “sky is falling” herd mentality of the millennial generation is getting a bit tiring.

I have crappy lag as well ever since the release of BFA. This game runs worse wth a Korean mmo with its graphics all the way up.

Unplayable…I think you might be exaggerating a bit. Plenty of people play with little to no issues.

well i have not read the article being discussed. i have however experienced a few bugs… weird lag, being on a mount but its invisible, flight path mounts being invisible or getting semi stuck before lift off. oh and that darn stuck in combat bug which i think has been around since way before BFA.

• oh and when im in wod garrison or legion monk zone it wont let me get on certain mounts for some weird reason. Just says im in the wrong zone.

i still pay my sub and keep going. someday i figure these things will be fixed

1 Like

Any time I enter Drustvar for me personally.

I think the lag is mostly on ‘Full’ servers. Which is expected.

I’ve had zero lag. (Medium server)

The bigger issue is sharding. Sharding is making what ever issues lag is causing look like a joke.

Like wen i get sharded I often can’t build holy power which means I can’t do a whole lot of damage. Which is pretty serious considering my spec is based around building HOPO.

Also OP don’t take magazine articles seriously. These people usually don’t know much about the game ans skim Reddit and YouTube and write articles about it.

1 Like

I dunno, I’m just on dippy backwater Fenris, was on my Alliance alt during the Drustvar incursion yesterday…or 2 days ago, whichever.

We’re presumably sharded with lots of other realms at the time, there were at least 30-40 Horde rampaging through the WQ areas, not a peep of lag.

Dunno if it’s regional (I’m in the Northeast), or if there’s external distortion (storms), but it’s not everywhere.

As long as you keep giving them $15 a month.

or

As long as people keep purchasing tokens for real money.

In game gold isn’t connected to that sale, and there have been numerous posts saying that they are indeed two separate transactions.

There have actually been a few threads posted on in the tech support forum since BFA launched, and part of the issue was between the AH, and how communities worked and have been working on resolutions for. The one thread I know of on this forum is

and there are likely several threads in the archived forums.

Yeah they fixed the lag from AH/vehicle/temporary UI stuff from the start of the expansion which was great.

nah…there are no bugs in this game. Just ask a white knight. They’ll tell ya.

The last time there was an Incursion in Drustvar, I actually ran off to a WQ on the FP mount. Ran around on it on the ground for 30 min. Couldn’t hop off it, logged out and back in and was still on the thing.

Never encountered mass sharding on my server and mabye the lag could be you just need to update ya PC.

I NEVER encountered any of these bugs.

Prior to a week ago I would agree with you about lag being a local thing etc or blown out of proportion but last night I spent some time flying, stuck in combat etc. standing still even when I hit feign death etc. Yes its a full server but I DONT have Century link and i dont have lag issues anywhere else but in wow. Clearly a problem that isnt being directly acknowledged. I am sure and will assume they are working on it but some communication helps alleviate the frustration that you feel. That applies to any service you pay for not just WoW. Makes it easier to deal with the problem.

“My experience is the norm and so people experiencing those issues must be ignored!”

3 Likes

So you just decided to cherry pick a single sentence and not get that following clause in the paragraph that said that the issue might be regional, and not Blizzard’s fault at all?

This is why no one takes anything serious on this forum. Reading comprehension is a lost cause, I guess.

Well I am in Canada. Have the most expensive cable/fibre internet package you can purchase and a new comp.

None of the devices in my home including my smart tv experience any connection/latency issue.

Pretty sure its a game issue. I am on a low population realm as well.

All the white knights can spew their tripe but this is clearly a blizzard issue. I highly doubt its the ISP issue when sharding/crz doesnt seem to sync up.

Edit:

In fact I remember plenty of times in Legion getting stuck between shards/crz as you might call it and not see another player for 10-20 minutes or so in Antorus. Until I joined another group.

I get it there are bandwagoners looking to parot their favourite streamer. I am mot one of them and all the apologists can keep pretending these issues dont exist when they do.

It was no different than the orb bug in Temple they pretended that didnt exist since Beta and were screwing people over on mythic + keys.

I don’t see this as a bug… it is awesome and hilarious when it happens! My characters always do their run animation, but really fast with long strides. Makes me super happy!

1 Like