Blizzard should left us use titles and transmogs from Classic TBC in retail

A lot of stuff in the game has been removed, partly because Blizzard wanted to get people to play the content, and partly because the challenges only existed for a given revision of the game.

Here we finally have a chance to replay TBC exactly as it was, balancing issues and all. I think that doing title/mount/etc. transfer finally makes sense to allow people to unlock things that are simply not in the game any more in a fair way.

I do believe that the same rules of Classic should hold to every other non-modern version of WoW. Nothing should cross over.
The only reason to play the other version is that you want to play that game, not to play that game to gain things in this version.

21 Likes

There shouldn’t be any cross over. You have to accept that you can’t get everything you want.

10 Likes

I have no problem with anything classic crossing over to retail, as long as nothing retail crosses over to classic. I think this is a fine idea. There’s really no downside here, so I don’t see why people have a problem with it

4 Likes

fair to who?

how is it fair for people who earned Scarab Lord “back in the day” to suddenly see an army of Scarab Lords?

i’m a solid no on this one.

9 Likes

No.

I agree with Lull.

Also, classic players swore till they were blue in the face that classic and any other version of WoW were so superior to retail that they would easily stand on their own.

Now y’all are trying to find ways to bump up those versions population by offering incentives to retail players that would otherwise never be interested?

Double Heck No.

5 Likes

It will be a big fat NO from me on making things account wide from the “Classic” servers

1 Like

How many people are going to legitimately do that though? How many people are going to do the grind to level and then the grind to get the small number of things that are no longer in the game?

Sure you may get a few but the vast majority of people will be playing Classic and possibly BC because they want to. Allowing legacy game accounts to unlock transmog would just be a nice perk and possibly even encourage those who play the legacy games exclusively to try retail.

Blizzard has already addressed this - they said no. The point behind these things is so people can go back and experience them as their own separate entities. Just because someone plays TBC Classic (if it comes out) and goes and gets Hand of A’dal doesn’t mean they should get it on their mains when it was an expansion specific title for BC.

I heard if you try sometimes, you might find you get what you need.

4 Likes

If they made it all available again and cross over, then “Wankin, Hand of A’dal” just wouldn’t be a special when you see them in the city.

1 Like

Make it possible and that would be just about everyone.

1 Like

Can’t you get all the transmogs from TBC now? In terms of titles, I don’t think there are many except for Hand of A’dal. I already have that but if they do those TBC servers, everyone will have it because everyone knows what to do nowadays. Kind of loses it’s appeal at that point.

Really? You think everyone who doesn’t have an interest in playing Classic or a possible legacy BC game is going to hop on and grind for weeks, possibly even months just to get a few transmogs or titles for retail?

Bravo good sir.

I just wish they gave a way to get old mounts, which they don’t let you get now (like the MoP/whatever challenge/whatever the heck mounts.)

It just bothers me when checking mounts that I don’t have, to see a bunch that I can’t even try to get.

You make it sound like getting scarab lord is easy on WoW: Classic.

This is such a non-argument as you still have to do the content at the level it was designed for.

The idea of classic I thought was to capture the “feel” of the game of yesteryear. Adding modern aspects like transmogs seems counterintuitive to that basis.

No.

I have a Season 1 Glad mount(on my Paladin I never play) and this would be an insult to the grind my teammates and I put in so many years ago.

It’s a terrible idea. Retail and Classic are two different ecosystems and should have 0 crossover. Especially with the “classic treatment” where gear and classes are balanced closer to the end of the game/expansion while playing though content phases instead of the original patches.

If players are able to earn this stuff while playing on those servers, that means they’re doing whatever work is required to earn them, in an appropriate setting. Just because it’s 2020 now instead of 2005/2006 doesn’t really change that getting something like Scarab Lord is something of a feat, when the game is set up pretty close to as it was back then.

That being said, if the games are being treated as separate entities then I can see reason to not have anything transfer between them in either direction. Kinda like how nothing you do on PTR or beta carries over to the live server.