Blizzard should have better support

because of the resent events… blizzard should at least have a phone number or some direct way of contacting support directly…

1 Like

not sure what recent events you’re talking about, but if your issue pertains to technical support, you can both use live chat which usually has a nearly instant wait time, or you can request a phone callback which is also typically has almost no wait.

if you have another issue, sometimes ticketing is the only option. for example to appeal account actions. that is intentional, as there is no need to have a chat about an account action - they’ll review the punishment and overturn it if appropriate.

Way back when you put tickets directly in game and a GM contacted you, i kinda miss that. I have to say i dont like the way tickets are now, but i would assume they got bogged down with stupid silly stuff. You waited forever to get a GM to msg, but issues could resolved in game

You wouldn’t be able to afford the game with those levels of customer support. CS is a cost center, and has to be minimized ruthlessly or else reduction in game revenue will shutter the game or jack up the sub price.

It is easy to get live chat and a call back. Live chat generally takes less then 5 minutes and a call back is also relatively quick. I generally find live chat easier to get things resolved then on the phone.