Blizzard’s LGBT representation sucks

It was a bit inconsiderate of me to lean into the Anduin discussion, so I’ll realign. Considering a 12 year old an adult in any sense will always be gross. Flexing around the conversation about age of consent when people are made uncomfortable by a pairing with a decidedly older partner will always be gross.

I don’t place the blame solely at your feet Fizzwop, but frankly, any conversation where one eehhs and uhms how old a decidedly young character is in order to make sense of a pairing with a decidedly old partner will always, always be gross.

1 Like

In my defense, I genuinely thought Baine was like, 20. The timelines in Azeroth are a wonky place.

I can understand why some people assume Anduin is an adult because the books talk about how he needs to get hitched and make some babies to be his heir and presumably the next high king

(Which is so dumb by the way that the high king of the alliance is decided not by merit but by “whosoever was shot out of the crotch rocket of the previous high king shall rule the alliance” but thats another matter)

I am almost certain blizzard plans to get him hitched with Bolvar’s daughter, judging from the questing.

So if his writer ships him romantically we in the audience take that as an ok to ship him too.

That being said the writers have done gross things in the past that I would prefer fans not do… Garona comes to mind.

1 Like

Please stop reminding me about Garona’s backstory.

Kthanx.

1 Like

is anduin not an adult?

last i heard he was around 19 in bfa (he was 15 in War Crimes), which most people would consider young adult, if at the low end of it. like he’s still young, sure, but i would say he’s an adult

i still would not like it if he was pushed into a relationship with someone significantly older, obviously

He’s like 18 or 19, which is, uh… you know.

i’m not significantly older than that so could you break it down for me

haha ur a babby

5 Likes

If someone in their 30s expresses interest in you RUN, RUN AWAY, IT’S NOT HEALTHY. JUST GO. GET OUTTA THERE

2 Likes

I’ll stop when blizzard stops sexualizing her

https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpedia/2/20/Chronicle_Garona_Cropped.jpg

those scratch marks on her are too small to have come from one of Draenor’s wild animals.

those are from other orcs. thanks blizz!

1 Like

Now I am sad.

Changing her origin was one of the better things the movie did

if you think that’s sad, ask Alexstraza about her vacation in…whats that one dwarf place? in twilight highlands?

adults “shipping” andiun is weird and creepy because he is a teenager and as an adult you shouldn’t be fantasizing about what teenagers, fictional or otherwise, get up to in the bedroom

3 Likes

I mean I’m 20, he’s 19, it’s not really that weird considering I’m pretty much his age…

Though I get the feeling we’ve gotten wayyyy off topic by this point.

1 Like

same but unironically, i’m like 4 years older than anduin and some posts in this thread have me wondering if people here would consider me a child even though i pay rent, student loans, and want to die with the best of them

1 Like

yeah i get the general sentiment of young adult + older adult = weird and creepy because yuck

but boy does it feel infantilizing to act like young adults aren’t adults

2 Likes

Tell that to Golden https://i.redd.it/2eyv77n747xz.jpg

EDIT: the above sounded dismissive but no im serious please tell golden that because it is gross, but its what the writers write and its the kind of thing i fear they may add in future romances they write.

1 Like