Blizzard’s LGBT representation sucks

Schrodinger’s Ariok.

1 Like

Honestly, the lore hole is safer.

3 Likes

Ariok is wandering around my garrison safe from blizzards evil clutchs

1 Like

Yes I’ve been trying to hide in there for years but Blizzard keeps making thr horde do things.

The Ariok situation does frustrate me because he has always seemed like a reasonably good orc guy so they made him irrelevant in the first 15 minutes of an expansion that villainized orcs forever.

1 Like

Bring Ariok back and give him adventures with Rokhan so they can become a romantic power duo, please.

1 Like

Wasn’t Ariok the son of Eitrigg? The same Eitrigg that became a bloodthirsty lunatic in BfA for reasons?

Anyway, I feel like I’d start writing representation just by seeding Azeroth full of LGBT couples. People living happy, stressful or melancholy lives together, just trying to get by.

And I’d give Admiral Rogers a girlfriend.

5 Likes

Yeah… Blizzard forgot they he was a character before BfA it feels like.

Admiral Rogers x Tyrande is my new ship since Blizzard seems to have sunk the Jaina one.

1 Like

Oh yeah, the Queensgate Rebellion happened. Thanks for reminding me, I forgot.

Not even being sarcastic.

I remember back when it seemed like everyone was calling for Admiral rogers to be murdered or arrested or turned into a raid boss.

It’s funny to me that Horde fanatics flock to her to hate, but I play mostly Horde and I barely know who she is.

1 Like

She’s the meanie poopiehead who ordered soldiers to open fire on poor innocent orcs trying to swim to safety so they could innocently and peacefully murder her soldiers

2 Likes

The cutscene is confusing to me. Rell is telling her it’s wrong because they’re trying not to drown, which is true, but what was his plan once they got to shore? I mean it’s admirable that he didn’t wanna kill them while defenseless, and yeah that does feel a bit yucky, but they would get out of the water eventually. So I mean…

1 Like

It’s one of those “War is not pretty” type of things.

MOrALlY GrEy.

I do love the Rogers example since it does make for an interesting moral reflection. Rogers was totally in the right to do that, in my opinion. In real world wars people get shot even if they’re swimming because the point of war is to win, not to be morally upright.

Not that I advocate or excuse war for being morally repugnant, it’s just that during a firefight I doubt either side is being overly concerned if they’re killing each other in the most humane way possible.

It was either kill them or take them prisoner, and I don’t think most orcs would appreciate being taken prisoner.

it is “victory or death” after all.

Maybe ideally the orcs would have preferred to die in honorable combat, but I don’t immediately see a difference between

1. charging towards your enemy’s castle gate while they rain arrows down on you
    and
  2. swimming towards an enemy who has high ground and shooting at you.

Instead I will opt to aggressively ship Jadaar and Asric like any respectable person.

YES! Go team J x A

3 Likes

I always understood Baine to be quite young, just he’s a Tauren so he’s huge. And Anduin, while still called “Boy-king”, isn’t an actual child anymore. In terms of age disparity between adults, eh. They view the world similarly, have similar interests and personalities, and one isn’t multiple decades or centuries older than the other, a pairing they like to do.

1 Like

Oh my god.

Adults are adults. It’d be the least creepy cross-race pairing I’m aware of. Including Thrall’s crush on Taretha, given that Orcs are physically mature at 13.

To be fair, if Anduin is a child then blizzard’s own fixation on finding him a wife to “carry on his line” in the books and stuff is pretty creepy.

…and remember when (again, in a book) Anduin is described admiring how attractive a draenei woman was? Theyre definitely too old for him.