Blizzard pls respond!

Ok so I’ve been at this for 3 days now. I was on during the big ‘crash’ and right before that happened I was getting “transfer aborted, instance not found” then was Dc’d and then I have not been able to log on in 2.5-3 days now. I can with a VPN, but the world latency is hot garbage.

SO with that said I think this is 100% tied to individual IP’s and Blizzard banned/blocked whatever you want to call it during the attack. I have reset the network completely, reset the router, changed the packet time to 124, reset the computer, done a complete re install, and ran a scan and repair for good measure. Nothing works.

My wife can log on with no issues at all, no need for a VPN etc. So I got to thinking. What if it’s an individual IP ban - Blizzard has not admitted this but what if they blocked individual IP’s that were logged in at the time of the major ‘crash’? Well as I said my wife is on the same ISP, the same network, hell her comp is 5 ft from mine. I just logged into my account from her comp with no need for a VPN or any workaround. This PROVES that something is blocked/banned on my physical machine and that is not right at all. I have received no communication or response from Blizzard and if you are going to block a paying customer from using what they are paying for… how do you expect to keep customers? I understand you have to protect your networks and servers, but come on now, this is something that should at the very least be communicated and hopefully fixed by now.

Now if there is anyone out there that knows how to change your IP (basically your fingerprint for your computer) I’d love to know, yes I will be researching it, but I know there’s a lot of you out there that know more about this stuff than I do. I’m just frustrated at this point.

Thank you.

EDIT: I have logged on to my account from my wife’s computer with no issues at all.
However, I cannot get on to my wife’s account from my computer.

EDIT: I changed my router to a Dynamic DNS and that changed my computer’s IP address and still this has not solved the issue. Now it’s down to my computer’s physical MAC address - so I’m running out to get a new NIC to see if that solves the problem… still no official response to any of our problems on any threads, just generic responses with no real information.

1 Like

been thinking this for the last 2 days and yes this is the same conclusion i can come to, im being forced to use my mobile hotspot to play at all and its due to the fact that i can change my ip, even got my neighbors permission to use their internet for a test (we both have the same exact ISP) and it worked like a charm. this is no longer a DDOS issue and an issue with blizzards fix was (im assuming) banning/blacklisting all IP’s that were present during the attack. and it is extremely odd we have heard no updates or anything about the issues present now, and when i submitted a ticket, i got the response of “its a DDOS and we’re still monitoring”… so thats kinda been disproven now as using the same gateways work fine as long as the only thing that changes is the IP…

1 Like

same issue here as far as cannot log into retail wow. I also am unable to use the submit a ticket function on their website

This has been a problem for 3 days. And no real response from any blues on the problem.

Not a single response from official today

I put in a ticket a day ago and have gotten no response.

Are MAC address network card specific? I think they are and I wonder if they are blocking down to that level…

I put in a ticket too but the bunch of arseholes are not doing f all.

There last message had the balls to ask people not to get upset I’m way past upset at this point with this 'effing morons that can’t even manage there own damn game.

Yes MAC addresses are card specific. You’ll have to buy a new NIC card if you want to change that from what I understand.

Reading a little more I think this is the TTL issue and not a MAC address issue. If you can’t change your TTL to something >64 which is the default for linux and android you are getting blocked.

I have changed mine to 128 or whatever and it still didn’t work. I also changed my router to go to a Dynamic DNS which once you do the proper reset actually changes your IP address as well. This didn’t work either and yes I have a new IP address for my computer. So this has left me feeling that 100% it’s my MAC address that has been banned/blocked.

Again, others have been able to use their accounts on the same exact network with no issues, I can log onto my account from their comps. I cannot log on to their accounts from my comp though. So it’s something to do with my comp and not anything else. I am going to purchase a NIC card later this evening and see if that solves the problem. If it does then it’s 100% proven.

Hey there,

The reported issue is most likely related to this thread where we are providing updates on our investigation.

Thank you for the report and for your patience in all this. We hope to have more details for everyone soon.