If You're Stuck at "Character Not Found," Try Support, Move Stuck Character

[Edit] Read through this thread for resolution.

Lots of folks stuck without access to the characters atm… I think the server needs a reboot.

3 Likes

all i get is a load screen freeze

2 Likes

Same here, I can log into my alt though.

We had this issue on Herod last night. Create an alt, have someone that you know is online fine invite you… changes your layer. Should allow you to log in. If not, you can also try blizz’s self-service. Moves your character to a new zone (this is what I did last night, just be warned it might say it didn’t work but still try to log in). It worked for me despite that.

Where is the self service thingy?

Uhh… the servers have been under DDOS attacks for hours…

https://battle.net/support/help/wf/wow/197/834

They’ve addressed this, its the same attacks from yesterday. Its mentioned on their CS twitter

You are partially correct, the DDoS is hitting ISPs that are connecting to the servers. Not the servers directly. This issue is for characters stuck between zones.

No you’re mistaken Needles. If they can log into the server and get booted 2/3rd of the way through character login its not DDOS anymore, its another issue. We had it last night.

This worked. Moved my character via the self service Character Stuck thing. Took a while. But just got in. I also opened a ticket, so maybe a GM did the move manually. No one talked to me directly though.

Try logging into any server…lol

Nah I guarantee it’s the self service. I did it, and had a few guildies do it too after we were stuck for hours. Glad I could help though, now I just want Herod up :frowning:

What if i can’t even get into the character select screen mate?

I can get in every server but Herod? okay?

Where does it move you to?

No idea, that’s where i’ve been… Trying to join my server for 3 hours. At that point it is impossible i’d say til it works. Could be ISP related from the DDoS

Apparently you have to open a ticket to move your stuck character. That’s what the other people that are zoning in with me are saying they did.

Moved me to the Westfall graveyard for Alliance.