Blizzard Please Just Give Us Exact Honor Required For Ranks 1-14

Can blizzard please just give us exact honor required for each rank 1-14. Thank you!

4 Likes

Why?

No, seriously. Tell us why.

1 Like

I think an official calculator would help people a lot.

2 Likes

You joking?

No, im being serious. I followed the template they posted as well as the calculations offered by others pretty easily. I dont see why anything past that is needed. If theres a reason im not thinking of, id like to know what it is.

:dracthyr_shrug:

You realise the numbers aren’t static?

2 Likes

Even the calculations by others who tried to interpret the “Blizzard math” seemed to be off though and there are different calculations everywhere.

It seems weird to be against what the OP is asking for but ok, you’ve probably got some other big conspiracy theory behind your thoughts.

1 Like

Actually i just wanted to know why a calculator was “needed”. Does the progress bar for rank on the honor window no longer fill to show progress the way it used to?

The calculators are just helpful. With Blizzards numbers being more static than the old “get into this bracket” ones they can also be shown pretty accurately.

It feels bad to people when they grind out say 150k honor at R9 and they decay instead of going up, even if they have fun PVPing.

1 Like

Are they static though? Is it as simple as “clear X amount of honor per week for Y rank to asvance, Z amount to maintain and under X decays” or do the values change?

I havent had much time to dive into the under the hood mechanics just yet so im not sure how it changes person to person or even if it does change person to person.

Things shouldn’t change based on the CP number of a player (as in, not just the rank, but the rank and % etc). The amount needed used to be more fluid, and we had things like Honorspy to help us calculate, but now it is actually static unless Blizzard changes it again.

That’s why I think a calculator would help everyone. Even those who aren’t big into math.

1 Like

Makes sense. Yeah it does sound like theres at least some missing info on the player end that a calculator could offer. That or perhaps a UI element that did the calculation for you and offered threholds to advance/maintain/decay.

Appreciate the info.

1 Like

I don’t think it works like “You get 600,000 honor, you are High Warlord.” Its all relative to how much honor other players get at those higher ranks. Right?

There’s also gotta be tiebreakers, i.e., two players end the week with the same score, but High Warlord goes to the guy who got more KBs, or capped more flags, or killed more high-rank players, or whatever.

No, they (according to their rundown of the new system) completely removed competing against other players of your own faction entirely, that was the whole point.

You now only have to hit the Blizzard-curated thresholds to ensure progress. You’re playing against the system only.

2 Likes

Maybe I am understanding it wrong but I don’t understand why they gave us a confusing formula for a static calculation. Rather than just the set amount of CP you gain and the honor required to get it. The rank change factors are arbitrary. I feel like they included that to show how they came up with these amounts but didn’t just tell us these amounts. Or all of the honor to (expected) cp ratio (the missing info)

You can get up to 4 above your current rank, added to your current CP
rank / gain for matching expected / sum next 4 gains
r1 0000 13k
r2 2000 15k
r3 3000 15.5k
r4 4000 15k
r5 4000 14k
r6 4000 12.5k
r7 3500 11.5k
r8 3500 10k
r9 3000 9k
r10 2500 8.2k
r11 2500 5.7k
r12 2000 3.7k
r13 2000 1.7k
r14 1700 0

The other thing that’s weird is that r14 seems to require less than 500k. Based on what they said because they said 500k HP = 65,000 CP but r14 only expects 60,000. And you either hit a threshold or don’t so 60,000 CP is the same as 65,000. They didn’t tell us how much honor was required to get 60,000 but one would assume its less than that required to get 65,000. Or they made an error and never corrected it.

1 Like

It doesn’t change person to person. It’s literally just thresholds you have to hit as you described.

Their example is perfectly clear. Everything you need to figure out your rank is in their example if you read it.

Nope, what other people get doesn’t affect you anymore. You do not compete with people on your faction anymore.

I haven’t really been following along, but I found this:

Did the max number change, and are you stating that a calculator would help to determine the minimum amount of honor one could get to receive the max amount of rank increase for a week?