Blizzard please fix unbalanced BG's

Blizzard,

I’ve been playing WOW for 15+ years and I have never experienced battlegrounds as unbalanced as they are now, specifically Alliance never winning epic battlegrounds. For the past couple months I’ve had to run 10-15 epic battlegrounds just to see 1 alliance win. There has to be something broken here. If not, why not release the data on Horde/Alliance epic BG wins/losses. I barely want to PVP anymore because its an utter waste of time. Please fix ASAP!

1 Like

It’s a problem with BGs in general. Don’t expect Blizzard to balance anything though. Most of the good/hardcore/tryhard players are on the Horde side because Blizzard has spent the last decade making the Horde “cooler” thematically, and stronger in-game.

The EMFH nerf was the last straw. You still get good players on the Alliance side but way more are on Horde. More content creators are Horde too so people who are invested enough in the game to consume more content (and thus get better) are also skewed towards Horde. It’s a vicious cycle.

2 Likes

Mate 5-6 players afk every game, nobody wants to report them.

You have potato’s that have not even worked out a basic pve rotation before going in.

The average ally player is terrible.

4 Likes

EMFH is the best PvP racial atm.

Its not a good enough reason to FC to Alliance.

Or people coming back who haven’t played since Wrath
still trying to play these BGs like they did 12 years ago.
Fun times :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For real. Shadowmeld has some insane pvp application too.

I’ve considered going alliance on my Ret to have EMFH and equip a Relentless Trinket

The issue of afkers definitely seems to be worse in Alliance epics.

Some of it is just the recent influx of PvE’ers and new people with Shadowlands launch, but even before Shadowlands it was fairly common for there to be 5-7 afks in an epic bg match.

So setting everything else aside (map imbalances, gear differences, skill level, etc etc), Alliance is playing epic bgs with 10% less players when the afks are factored out. Playing a match 35v40 or 36v40 is certainly a disadvantage.

It’s even high end pvpers just getting some honor to upgrade.

Today I did one epic and won first time, on the other hand my alt took 3 tries to get a win. While I have seen 10 losses in a row, its been a long time ago and infrequent. I keep up with ReFlex.

Others have stated that players afk, but other than that I see them pass up PvP to run to the end boss in AV while not capping at least 3 towers… :woman_shrugging:t3: :roll_eyes:

oog oog me make mud hut with big spike
me kill big creature
make tusk into hut
me live in tusk hut

3 Likes

Oceanic player here - posting from character in question.
Battleground stats:
Played: 24
Won: 6

Large majority were epic bg queues.

Not really fun any more.

I think most people can see why Ashran is unbalanced. But AV’s horde bias and IoC’s Alliance bias seem to work each other out.

And WG has no bias at all, all people on the attacking team have to do is have no one feed or have anyone afk in the starting area for the first 5 to 10 minutes and they have about a 50/50 chance of winning.

What does the Alliance mage even do? I know Horde summons adds and has the stupid knock back.

Something about an iceblock that can be massdispelled by horde priests

That’s pretty bad, I know one time I saw only a rogue up there against her and the mage was at 60% now I don’t know if other died but for the longest time they were slowly working her down alone

She makes mage food for healers. Has an ice block. Her special ability is to summon an ice shard that increases frost damage taken by 25% (but it has 50k hp and deals no damage, so it is always killed by cleaves in seconds) and mass polymorph, which will sheep all hostile players rapidly healing them to full, before promptly breaking it with Frostbolt Volley.