Blizzard please don’t listen to the forums, gearing is great!

Our current gearing system is what everyone wanted, we have PvP vendors back and our gear earned in PvP can be used in PvE all the way up to mythic raids without us once having to run any kind of PvE content for power.

imo this is the best gearing system out of any previous expansion, and I think if anything this type of gearing should be replaced across every expansion and PvP season from here on out.

Great work guys, and I want you to know that despite what the forums think, a lot of people are enjoying the PvP scene in game!

7 Likes

To be honest I think the PvP gearing system is FAR too fast. I love the way conquest works right now but I think they need to change the way the Great Vault works in PvP. Me and my friends have fully geared alts in 2-4 weeks at this stage because we got lucky in the Great Vault and some of them have even stopped playing because there’s no more gear to get. If the Great Vault didn’t reward gear they would still be grinding to this day for gear and would still have something to look forward to.

Maybe the Great Vault could award tertiary stats, sockets, or cosmetic rewards only?

the pvp vendor sells the same garbage to everyone. what if i don’t want to stack vers?
you’re leveling up a template. nobody asked for this.

2 Likes

WOD/MOP system was better and the majority seem to agree on that.

19 Likes

The system now works exactly how it did from BC - MoP which most players said was the best PvP gearing system. Also, every slot has a minimum of two choices for stats so it’s not a “template”, the only guaranteed stat is Versatility but that’s how it SHOULD be.

I like my PvP gear to matter in PvE so I don’t have to grind 2 sets :man_shrugging:

As you always say this is a MMO grind a pve set if you want a pve set.

16 Likes

I find it beneficial in any MMO to have multiple ways of getting gear, we now have both PvE sets and PvP sets that work in either content so I don’t see how this is an issue?

I have two 227 characters so I’m definitely reaping the rewards of the system, I do also have KSM and aotc which isn’t anything great in PVE, but I do think pvp gear undermined PVE gear in pve, so I think they should keep the gearing system as is, but scale everyone with the conquest gear to the same, and pvp having the best stat for it, aka mop / wod, but keep the item level/stat advantage in the world.
also have 226 gear rewarded at 2.4 so it’s mythic level unlike 2.1

1 Like

I don’t like this gearing system. I’ve been advocating for gear to matter, but I was more of opinion that it should matter within random BGs and the top should be obtainable from random BGs.

PvE and rated don’t matter to me much, and to me it felt that true competitive players wouldn’t mind that everyone had access to same conquest gear, they would get it in the first week and forget about it.

Right now it only benefits griefers who buy carries to dominate random BGs, or PvEers who want easy item level boost.

3 Likes

You think blizzard is listening to the forums in considering gearing changes?

The only thing they are going to listen to is their internal metrics. Our prattling here doesn’t make any difference.

If they change things it’s because participation isn’t what they want.

5 Likes

If only the forums realized how much of a minority they really are.

2 Likes

i dont count just the forums in game and other websites as well. Also considering how many have already quit before the first patch says alot

1 Like

I would vote for this solely to keep more people playing, tbh. I’d like to push higher but there’s no groups at my CR at all sometimes when I log on to my main hoping to try to push, so I end up killing time on numerous alts because there’s always 1600-2k groups.

2 Likes

Plus the fact that a resident contrarian posts on multiple characters, a “wod gearing will fix it” insecure whiner posts on three characters, then the people who make one post to vent and never come back.

1 Like

Stupid pollsters using small samples to try to discern larger scale public sentiment not realizing they are only polling a small minority of the population.

What dummies!

3 Likes

The best PvP gearing systems were the days when u got honor gear which was at a decent ILvL and was backed with a pvp stat. Then you upgraded to conquest gear with that same pvp stat which was the best gear for pvp (minus the trinkets) and you were good to go.

2 Likes

Its great if you’re on a main with an ilvl 226 and you run into a new alt/player with an ilvl of 158. Sure its great for you, what about their experience? What happens when the pool of new players keeps getting smaller and smaller? Are you are going to PVP with yourself?

PVP should be fair and fun for everyone. Those that have played longer should have somewhat of a competitive advantage, but this, this is ridiculous.

3 Likes

I think that this really depends on the player and the type of person they are. Some could care less about “fair” or “spirit of competition” and just want to win and it’s not how they got there or the thrill, it’s that they did and it makes them feel better personally. (Entitlement)

That’s why you seem so many posts like this one :slight_smile:

1 Like

This post is absurd.

OP: “Don’t listen to this (or any) outlet for player voices. What I like is what everyone wanted! I PROMISE!!!”

Talk about forum goers overestimating how much of the playerbase their opinion really represents… what irony.

1 Like