Blizzard NINJA NERFS Froststeel Lockboxes, Herbs and What else?

I fished the “not secret spot” for cata mats. Never got them removed.
I had 9 froststeel lock boxes removed and my friend lost a stack of frost lotus they camped on 3 layers.

Kind of sucks.

Blizzard: HOW DARE YOU BUY ITEMS FROM A VENDOR THREE WEEKS AGO

Also blizzard: 1.3 million XP solo in utgarde keep by mages, that’s fine :slight_smile:

I will. These folks dont listen to anything else.

Its not WotLK yet and it’s utter stupidity to think you were entitled to or deserved to keep things not meant to be in game. This is akin and on par with an exploit. You deserve no pity and you are lucky they decided to take the blame and just remove the items instead of punishing you

1 Like

so we should delete all DKs I mean as you say who do they think they are to be entitled to leveling to 70 weeks before WOTLK is even out?

Its always been like this. DK’s are not wotlk profession materials, dungeons, nor do they have access to the skills of wotlk.

Go to bed. Your nyquil is getting to be too much.

You are obviously not a vanilla player or else you would clearly know there was NO exploit lol.

Punish me for what? Playing the game? What did I do to exploit the game to get my Froststeel Lockboxes?

None of this stuff would have mattered. WotLK is going live in 3 days. The advantage afforded by having this pittance of materials already would be insignificantly small.

Pre-patches having materials from the expansion it was for is historically accurate to the original game. Removing these items is actually a deviation from the game’s original behavior.

Either way, it’s insignificant, but what is significant is how they didn’t communicate anything at all and waited until 4 days before launch to run a DB script to remove these items. There are actually important things happening that could have used some more attention but they elected to remove items from players with no notice or communication, items that if they were unintended, should have been handled within the first day or two of prepatch.

It’s just unprofessional no matter how you look at it, but reading your other posts, you’re just here to rile people up and be mean to people.

2 Likes

Rule nº1 of being a game development. It’s never the player’s fault if the game gives them something, so don’t punish the player. If they wanted these items to be unavailable they should have thought of that before players got their hands on these items. Burning players who paid gold for these items from other players is such a big No No that I have to wonder what kind of experience the people they have managing this stuff at Blizzard have with video games in general. Once the cat is out of the box in these scenarios, it’s 100% the developers fault. They can patch the method to get the items, but don’t delete any items that have already been generated. It’s not like they are rarities once Wrath launches.

Well done Blizzard. All you clowns tried to fk the market over day 1 by posting your herbs/ores/items with ridiculous price tags on AH got screwed over by KARMA. Not to mention you shouldn’t have access to those items in the first place!

Well considering the fact that Frost Steel lockboxes probably weren’t supposed to drop in pre patch, this is hardly a ninja nerf.

The items purchased at the Darkmoon Faire should be returned as they were sold by “Darkmoon Faire EXOTIC goods” vendor Lhara.

The audacity to show such bias, incredible.

Keep in mind there was at least one forum thread started August 16th, 2022 about the herbs being available from Lhara in the prepatch PTR. Bliz made no attempt to fix the availability of items and let these items be sold only to steal them back after we spent our gold and time acquiring them. Everyone with an account had access to the PTR so this was no secret either.

And yet, most people knew better than to not do it. Take it as a lesson.

No.

No you didn’t.

Like I get why they would do it, however oddball things have always dropped prior to the release date of an actual expansion. Just find it odd that lockboxes and some herbs are that big of an issue.

Yeah, you had to kill level 70 mobs to get it… it was no easy task. You weren’t getting netherweave from naxx

No you didn’t have to kill mobs to get the Darkmoon Faire items. You had to take the initiative to see what the Exotic goods vendor had for sale and make the purchase. As far as

No plenty of people were there, you just missed it.

Lol sucks to suck.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.