Blizzard never confirmed "double RP" for Ranking in SoM

They confirmed double contribution rate… AKA half decay. So for people hoping to push rank 6/7 this week… sorry. RP points will be exactly like they were in classic.

You could be right, but they specifically said they were doubling the progress you would make for ranking progress, not anything about less decay. I dont think any one interpreted it like how you have said and multiple people asked for clarification and nothing was said so if it is the case its pretty poor communication.

Please check my post for a breakdown of how things should be given blizzards descriptions in the script.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-decay-clarification/1128538

It was extremely deceiving… on this page they said

“double the maximum of weekly ranking progress gained”

They then clarified what they meant here:

"The system then awards a calculated number of expected points, and the calculation uses the character’s current PvP ranking points. This can be simplified to: (this_week’s_expected_points - current_ranking_points) * rate_factor. The result is then added to the character’s current_ranking_points, so each week, every player-character approaches their deserved rank. In Classic Era, the rate_factor (i.e. the percentage of the previous week’s expected points that will be awarded) is 20%. In Season of Mastery, we are increasing that rate to 40% "

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/season-of-mastery-beta-updates-october-27/1122117

What this essentially means is your contribution from the prior week is doubled, effectively cutting decay in half. For week 1, where there is no decay, this “buff” is useless.

Check out the post I linked I broke it all down regarding how it translates into the language of the modern players.

Double RP, and double decay as shown.

Except that isn’t what is happening.

Based on their own post + our knowledge of how the old system works, it’s all there. If you don’t see it you don’t see it.

1 Like

I’ve heard speculation that it is the decay was put to 10% like the OP said which would still allow for the 6 weeks of ranking. However, this is not how it was described at all. With that being said the system is confusing and I wouldn’t put it past someone explaining it wrong.

I have friends who focused on honor grinding late in the week instead of leveling more. An official answer instead of a “We’ll all see next week” would be nice.

Um people have ranked 1 week already and they aren’t awarding 2x RP so it isn’t happening.

Which effectively means

A) they made a mistake
Or
B) they didn’t change it the way they outlined

2 Likes