Blizzard listen

I know your trying to make venthyr viable, but it will not happen unless you remake it to give some type of aoe, no1 in their right mind is going to take a covenant that deals 0 damage and no benefit in aoe over something like resonating arrow or wild spirits. even with the pretty big nerf to wild spirits the only other covenant the hunter community has been talking about would be kyrian, also the surging shot buff is not enough to actually beat sst because its a flat 7-8% dps boost off the serp sting alone. you gonna need to look at redesigning some of the hunter conduits if you want sst/nf to actually not be considered as the bis for all situations.

2 Likes

In pvp single target is better than aoe. Aoe breaks traps. So some in their right mind would

5 Likes

I went venthyr last night for that exact reason along with the upcoming buff. That and I found it to be the most enjoyable covenant ability anyway.

2 Likes

ya but lets be real, if its not viable in pve it wont be picked by majority of the player base. very few people pvp and even fewer do high rated arena on a hunter.

1 Like

You know what would do it for me?

One, Kill Shot does more damage - Torghast has proven that it doesn’t do nearly enough.

Two, Trick Shots now works with Kill Shot. Does this make me a KB wh*re? I don’t care: I’m gonna be like Wooderson in Dazed and Confused: if it’s less than 19, I’m gonna hit it.

Three, like the old Black Arrow, Flayed Shot gets one guaranteed proc of Kill Shot on its first tick. Everything after that is RNG.

2 Likes

If these buffs go through with out any nerfs it’s actually going to be a very decent ST option

I went venthyr for the lulz and tested it in dungeons, genuinely felt awful there to be honest lol.

I tried each covenant in moderate pvp. Kyrian felt slow to set up but synergized well with binding arrow.

Night fae same.

Necro lord felt super good in all areas but the damage potential just wasn’t as strong, loved the tankiness increase.

Venthyr…most complex rotation, damage was random and faulty, did the most with a scattered confusing rotation for the by far least rewarding covenant. With it’s complexity ud think this covenant would yield best dps results and take down potential. Wasn’t the case at all.

Kyrian I gave an 9
Night fae an 9
Necro an 8 (I chose this covenant because it felt most like real bm) back with glaive toss
Venthyr I gave a 2

I’ve been venthry cuz it seemed cool :frowning:

this would be mad bonkers bro imagine like a double careful aim mixed into a double even triple kill shot i would even go rage pet + viper sting talent for the burst alas a guy can dream

I’m going venthyr, it will be best for survival pvp.