Blizzard killed the game with their gear restrictions

It was fine. I had no problem with it. At least I had a chance of a upgrade I have not had one on my main for a few months now.

8 Likes

Ok, well No.1 is a personal opinion and i respect that.
but No.2 is what is happening now, I hit a brick wall fast.
and blizzard removed all my secondary paths to upgrades or gap fillers.

It looks we really enjoy different parts of the game. so. all my best

4 Likes

So you can only ever have one extreme apparently?

We can have valuable gear that actually drops in a significant number. We never had these kinds of issues in BC or Classic. Why now?

2 Likes

What’s overtuned in your opinion?

And the gear disparity is what is screwing up PVP.

3 Likes

The raids are definitely overtuned in the sense that they are harder than the tiers of the last several expansions. The kill numbers for mythic sire months after his release, worldwide, are still under 10k. Those kind of numbers are almost Sunwell levels at this point and time.

Mythic is supposed to be hard, but accessible. If (arguably) the best raiding guild in the world is saying the content is more challenging than expected, that’s a very strong argument to try and counter. Blizzard seemingly agrees that the number of attempts : kills is skewed (overtuned) by the weekly nerfs they seem to be instituting. Sun King and Hungering a few weeks back, Innerva two weeks ago, Council and heroic Sire last week.

3 Likes

Valor fixes most of these issues. KSM will give you 220 gear you can gear up pretty fast with that the difference between a 226 player and a 220 player isn’t that great. Heroic raiding is the end game content if you’re just gearing now and that can easily be done at 213.

If you’re referring to mythic raiding that ship has sailed you can’t really come in with nothing at the end of a tier and expect to be able to run it…

you should be comparing ilv 220 to 226 because you can just get that not 213 to 226. and the difference between 220 and 226 isn’t big

I don’t see how Valor or KSM addresses any of the OP’s issues. If anything, it seems you completely bypassed the issues altogether “because reasons”.

Comparing ilvl.220 gear to 226 gear is irrelevant because the issue is getting to 220 in the first place.

Valor isn’t helpful if gear doesn’t drop in the first place. And being able to access Heroic Raids doesn’t mean you’ll get gear, either. I know several folks that have been doing Heroic for quite some time now to have barely gotten any gear, most of what they have is from PvP (which for me, myself included, isn’t a good option).

Hitting KSM outside of a dedicated group is exceedingly difficult due to exponentially scaling PUG group expectations, and yes, while running one’s own key is a step in a direction to resolve it, it’s not a good one because it’s stilly heavily luck reliant and even then, requires extra time. Which again, doesn’t help address the gap between 213 and 220.

So, based on all of that, I agree with the OPs post. While I haven’t personally hit that wall yet, I’m anticipating it already and dreading it. And I haven’t seen anyone properly address resolving that gap yet outside of having a dedicated group or getting exceptionally lucky.

10 Likes

Personally think BFA was over all better expack, raids where better and M+

1 Like

Gear didn’t drop in significant numbers in Classic or BC. May want better examples.

1 Like

Except it’s not as black and white as you would suggest. I’d wager that many people who disliked BfA’s gearing system had something in mind much different than what we currently have in Shadowlands. Implying that those people got exactly what they wanted is disingenuous at best.

For example: say I’m in a room with the thermostat set at 100 degrees Fahrenheit and I ask the person in charge of regulating the temperature to turn it down because it’s too hot. Now say the person in charge of that thermostat turns the temperature down to 30 degrees Fahrenheit. Are you really going to tell me that I can’t complain or ask the person to adjust the temperature differently because I made my bed when I asked to have the temperature lowered and now I need to lay in it?

8 Likes

I sit at 203 ilevel and melt faces. This sounds like a you issue. Or hyperbole. World ilevel scaling starts dropping off around 200 ilevel.

A lot of people. Gear rained from the sky, it wasn’t exciting or engaging. I shouldn’t spend 30 seconds to kill one mob and get a heroic piece of gear. There were tons of complaints about it.

1 Like

Unless it was an emissary quest, you didnt actually get a heroic piece of gear unless you already had a heroic ilvl average because rewards scaled with your own personal ilvl.

4 Likes

Except when pieces forged.

2 Likes

Actually no. There is no reason there can’t be easy, medium, hard, and very hard content for people with different interests and skill levels. This would support a large and diverse playerbase. Content should not get harder every expansion until only a tiny percentage of players remain.

4 Likes

I’ll put it on the list.

I think we’ve identified the problem.

:sheep:

1 Like

Yup, gear may have been falling from the sky but most of it got vendored or scraped.

There was nothing like getting the super high ilvl head, shoulder, or chest piece with the absolute worst power choices, effectively and substantially lowering your power. Great times.

2 Likes

I’m sorry that you are angry that Blizzard hasn’t in game mailed you a full set of 220+ gear for no effort like you feel entitled to but to say gear restrictions killed the game is a drastic exaggeration on your part.

Edit: This is abuse of the flagging system i hope you people know.

1 Like

I have no idea, the game is harder, the loot drops are smaller… new devs ? i dont know