Blizzard killed 2v2 and 3v3 arena

10 games of 5v5 at 1500 rating now gives more points than a rank 1 2s. Hello blizzard? You just completely killed the 2v2 and 3v3 brackets. I’m glad that you’re giving out more points but at least even them up somewhat for thedifferent brackets.

8 Likes

You do 5s for points while you actually push for a rating in 2s or 3s unless you have a 5s team.

Always has been people doing 5s for points.

7 Likes

It was the same way in OG TBC.

1 Like

Tbh, who cares. Arena points are basically a non factor right now for anybody pushing any sort of rating. Anybody that cares just does 5s for points and plays the other brackets for ‘fun’.

2 Likes

This is nothing new, you always did 5s for points. Also who cares about the points, the upgrade from s3->s4 is not the reason why you are going to lose/your opponents win.

1 Like

Yes. Not sure why people are freaking out about this, as the point disparity has been here since S1 between the brackets.

2s has been rogue/x 80% of the games since s1 nobody wants to play that anyway.

3 Likes

Please refrain from comment if you don’t know what you’re taking about. Yes, 5s has always given more points then 2s. But with the recent update to having more points given out it has exponentially boosted points from 5s to the point where 1200 rated pvers such as yourselves get more points than 2400 players in other brackets. If that is your argument and you want this to be the case, then nobody can help you.

4 Likes

because before you could grind a 2s/3s up to a point where they gave 1100+ points which was comparable to a 1900/2k 5s

Now a 1400/1500 5s literally gives more points than anything in 2s/3s

1 Like

because i totally want to queue into braindead RR/RM/RD all day. i totally want to queue into double healer X/rmp all day.

5 Likes

False, we still do 3’s for Titles, and 2’s just for meme’s… 5’s is now popular for points, and that’s just fine it needed help and perhaps this is the thing Arena needed to get some participation going.

Okay. Still not seeing the big issue here. Raitings should ideally just be to achieve for the rating locked gear and titles.

People are blowing this way out of proportion. I hope this new system encourages more people to participate in this season.

3 Likes

Yeah seems like rogues are just mad that everyone they hard counter is going to different brackets and it’s nothing but mirror matches now.

4 Likes

LOL YUP, I suspect the same.

Oh no! Everyone can get points! The travesty!

Just because I’m not a glad player, does not mean I don’t understand the game/concepts. I’m also hampering myself playing an enhance in TBC, but it’s what I enjoy. In wrath though, I will be pushing for real with some friends. Will be a great time.

2 Likes

I still cant understand why people want to gate gear, I think they fear not being super special or something…

2 Likes

i agree the implementation is strange but points were buffed across the board. what is the problem? ur “forced” to play 10 5 games a week?

u can even make an alt team with guild and just play 3 games and let someone else hop in for his 3. maybe that will fit ur schedule more so u can play more rogue 2s

So what? All brackets are earning more points! It’s a win for everyone. There is nothing to complain about at all.

Had blizzard made this change from the start of s1, arena wouldn’t be dead now. It would be thriving. Too little, too late.

2 Likes

who cares… gear imbalances make the competition unfair anyway…

I just so enjoy how anyone who is fine with how poorly designed the new point reward is only have strawmans to argue against fixing the design.

No one is asking to not give more points, we’re just asking to keep it evened out across brackets.
Before the change, you were basically getting the same points for 100 rating less than the previous bracket. A 2s team with 1500 rating would get the same points as a 1400 3s or a 1300 5s, now a 2400 2s gets less points than a 1300s 5s. This part of the point system was fine and didn’t require any change (Just like TBC didn’t requires arena teams to start at 0 rating)

It’s ridiculous. I don’t want to do 5s, I hate 5s, it’s too much chaos and isn’t balanced at all (Althought TBC itself isn’t exactly balanced), it’s the same reason why they removed that bracket on retail. But now I’m force to do 5s for points otherwise I’ll be behind everyone else in gear because I want to do 2s or 3s.

Blizzard dropping the ball again on a change that should have been an easy dub.