Blizzard Just do server merges already

OK really quick Yes we all know the cough cough free server transfers happened and how limited they were quite frankly again.

Just do server merges Because you know You know what the most important thing in a mmo is finding people to play with and quite frankly the way things are going on on both sides.

Pve and pvp There are literally servers that have less than a 100 people on them And especially with the transfers all that’s gonna happen is the lower is the lower pop servers are just going to become dead.

And yes there’s the argument where you could observe a transfer yeah depend how many tunes you have that’s a lot of money I mean 3 characters that’s $75.

And most people Is depending on their financial situation like well they’re just probably gonna quit instead of paying the whatever amount of money then just transferred more or less if you do server merges.

That just solves the problem I don’t get it It’s OK sure you lose money out on the server transfers but that amount of money is miniscule into the amount of money you’re going to lose from people quitting the game.

just saying blizzard do server merges

4 Likes

It’s clear Blizzard will never want to give up selling transfers. If they ever properly managed populations… then no one would buy transfers anymore. They don’t want to ruin their own market. They profit from the blood of dying realms.

Thanks for creating another thread featuring your disjointed non-insight instead of posting your disjointed non-insight as a reply in an existing thread, Megarune.

2 Likes

It’s OK how exactly is this post non inciteful at all is Lynn seightful at all I mean the most important thing in a mmo Is to have people to play with and if your servers dying you know that’s kind of tough.

It’s not like I’m the only one that makes posts about this secondly secondly so do tell me how exactly is my post Not in sightful?

If you want to play on a mega server transfer or reroll on a mega server. Or just get to know your own server better. You dont need 1 million players on one server to enjoy this game or progress.

Its hilarious that people cried and complained that cross realm zoning ruined the community and now you have smaller communities that are easier to get familiar with and you are still crying. Get over it lol.

3 Likes

one million people? wow there’s not even 1 million people play tbcc And I funny you say one person when this is a major Problem game wide

Everyone’s literally talking about yeah there’s 2 or 3 Mega servers and all the other servers are dying yeah because a server of 2000 people between 2 factions is a good server pop really.

There are literally people that cannot find groups No granted yeah that does have to do with the design of tbc But that doesn’t mean that low population doesn’t contribute to it

Because as I said you are not the most important thing about a mmo is to fiend people to play with and If you can’t find that Hey guess what you’re probably gonna quit the game.

So yeah Server population is a huge problem it’s not like I’m the 1st person to talk about it and I’m not going to be the last either so yeah.

It would be. If those 2000 people were active players and not raid loggers.

Unfortunately that isn’t the case.

They won’t do server mergers.

I feel like offering free transfers off dead/dying servers is their way of telling people to “gtfo now before we force a merge or delete this server”

Otherwise, why offer free servers in the first place if they could just do nothing and keep raking in the transfer money.

yet another MegaRetail post
just ignore and move on

Is 1st off that’s 2000 people between 2 factions 2nd of all Yeah that’s kind of what happens when both sides of the game have such a high barrier to entry.

That’s why cough cough duel speck would be great for that Is it gives people an option in lower’s the barrier to entry it’s the barrier to entry and let people try different things You give people a lesser of a barrier to entry it encourages them to play More.

Dual spec won’t do that.

What it will do is allow players to both Raid Log and Arena Log. They aren’t not playing just because they are specced a certain way. They are not playing because they don’t want to play outside of those specific things. Just because they suddenly have duel spec doesn’t mean they are going to play the game in a different way than they play to now. As all the content that is lacking in players can be done regardless of the spec. Outside of tank or healing dungeons, and those roles would be lacking regardless because the people that want to heal are already healing and the people that want to tank are already tanking.

Of all the counter arguments to dual spec, this is the most ill founded I have seen

Congrats

1 Like

ill founded? It is accurate… if it wasn’t everything would be magically balanced in retail and there wouldn’t be a tank and heal shortage there.

Retail to tbc is apples to oranges. Have you forgotten how popular WOTLK was with dual spec available?

“Removing this massive cost barrier that allows players to play other roles and PVP more effeciently will have no significant effect on them participating in these activities”

You really think that wasting hundreds of gold respeccing a week is not keeping people out of BGs?

1 Like

Do you think people don’t do BGs without being in a proper PvP spec? They do.

Do you think that the player base mindset is any difference between retail and tbcc? It isn’t

Do you think just because dual spec was popular that somehow equates to more people actively playing instead of just more effectively not playing? That isn’t how it works.

If people wanted to play. They would play. The thing you seem to be skipping over… that will never change no matter how many fancy words you say or what system will come into this game is… THEY DON’T WANT TO PLAY MORE. They want to raid log, they want to get their arena matches in a be done with it.

The lack of players we active players are feeling won’t change because those players won’t change and dual spec will not change that… it is entirely a different mindset.

There is really no way to prove either of our points other than to see what happens if dual spec were added. It seems like you feel the game is dead and not worth playing, and a lot of times I would probably agree.

Wouldn’t it make sense to make changes to make the game worth playing? I don’t understand the “this sucks and I hate it but don’t even think about changing it” mentality. If there are so few active players, and if, as you say, dual spec will have no true effect, then why not just add it? What’s to lose?

1 Like

If I didn’t see it worth playing I would have quite a while ago. I’m just not going to think that a system is suddenly going to suddenly change anyone to play more. Unless it was something forced and that is something that would do the opposite of its intended purpose.

Do I see the game as dead? no. Do I see realms as dead? yes. Do I think dual spec will fix that? no.

The game is already worth playing if you are playing it. Actively or not.

It isn’t. It is an I’m not going to delude myself into thinking something that has no impact on player mentality and behavior is suddenly going to fix player mentality and behavior.

I’m not opposed to adding it. I’m just stating it will not have the fix you intend it to have. All it will do for active players is allow them to do more things more efficiently and all it will do for inactive players is let them do what they do efficiently. It won’t make anyone more or less active.

I get 6 to 9 hours a week from raiding, as well as just afk gathering time when work is slow since I cant leave my desk.

Just because I could get more time out of it, doesnt mean it isnt a good value. Even without the AFK time 24 to 30 hours a month for 15 dollars is a really good value.

OK one it depends on the clais on the class and it depends on the person if you’re plain a rogue and you want a do pvp Is you’re going in there as subtlety like it or not you’re not doing that as combat.

Is for a very simple reason you know you’re going to be crushed There are some classes that can get away with it like hunters.

And I would say warlocks Maybe Element/ I enhancement But for Is everybody else especially if you’re a tank yeah you’re not pvp Is as a tank trust me I’ve done it in its unawful experience.

However again mathematically If you tell someone It’s OK if I want to try something different I have to get a whole another gear set together and pay a 100 gold every single time I want to do something different.

They’re going to be more discouraged to do On the other hand If there’s a less of a barrier to entry to that there’s more likely to try it.

And we’ve seen proof of it Is when wrath of the litchiking happened And dual speck was brought in the game I can only speak for my server but there is a whole bunch of other people trying tanking and healing.

Myself included And why Because if that experiment didn’t work out and you found it you didn’t like it You still have your main speck hence the name off spek.

So yeah And you could make the same argument for trying a tank and healer in tbcc now Now don’t get me wrong I’m not seeing it would fix it.

Nor wud it fix the tanking shortage however It would certainly help it mathematically Because you can’t tell me that there’s nobody out there.

That hasn’t Is at least tried taking or healing or pvp or hasn’t wanted to because of that 100 gold respect cost

That’s what I’m saying You say that you’re not necessarily against it but you’re saying what that It’s not going to have this big impact that we’re saying it well.

The thing is Is any arguments we maker always going to be hypothetical Is we will not know until it actually gets put in however based on the logical evidence that we’ve seen.

weather be in wrath of village king or Private servers We do know that dual speck was in quite a few of them and it didn’t kill the game.

And yes I’m completely well aware that in retail healers and tanks are still somewhat scarce but that’s for a completely different reason.

That more has to do with the way retail is set up and its Is way hardered to switch rolls It’s just because of all the add ons you need for anything.

But that’s a whole different kind of worms Anyway But yeah