Delete pls

Dear Blizzard,

I don’t know what word to use, I’m so disheartened, so distraught.
How could you let the new people making the decisions destroy this beautiful game that was wow ?

I love wow, and I don’t want to see it disappear.
But right now I’m fighting with all my strength to find a good reason to stay in the game. And despite all, the urge to quit is getting too strong, I don’t know how much longer I can keep going.
But in Legion, it was the exact opposite. The urge to play was irresistible, I was having so much fun.

What you did with 9.0 is a massacre.
Well it’s won, the servers are empty, BRAVO.

But why did you think it was smart to change absolutely all the ilvl and power levels of the items?
It was very easy to do, just reduce all items by x%.

It’s time to reconsider your decisions, dear Blizzard. As they say, a fault confessed, is half forgiven. And even if you rarely recognize your mistakes, you also make them (and too often now).

Reactivate the legendary powers of legion. It’s unbearable to farm items for months or years and then have them taken away.
Reactivate the set bonuses.
Reactivate the titanforged. Because you listened to the people who came crying on the forums because they were jealous of not having what others had. But I was one of the people who loved this system. The difference is that I didn’t keep coming on the forums to say it.
There have been mistakes, such as forbidding the people who leveling to do MoP scenarios
Put the right ilvl back to items as they should be.
Removing old content in an Mmo is the worst decision you can make.
Ask the community what they want! There are lots of other ideas.

Because again, you’ve done away with that by listening to people complain about it on the forums all the time.

In the future, and given that your new team is unable to make good decisions (without wanting to be mean). I suggest you, to send questionnaires by email to your players. So that the decisions are also taken by the community.

it is really urgent to replace the people who decide the future of wow.
I don’t know who makes these decisions, if it’s because you’ve had a budget cut or a staff cut, but there’s something that needs to be changed, improved.

I hope you will succeed.

128 Likes

titanforging ? hell no …

21 Likes

Either people aren’t reading your whole post or there’s some fishy alts going on with all those likes.

19 Likes

it’s no huge shock that they’re all from the same realm :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Let’s not do that. Titanforging was an abomination. Sure, it had good intentions, when it launched because it was initially seen as a ‘bonus’. You got a piece of loot and it upgraded a few ilvls higher than it normally would? Fantastic. But then it quickly started to become a necessity, with some classes needing items from previous raids/dungeons to be titanforged simply because they simmed better. That led to frustration because players would try over and over and over again to not only get the loot they wanted but also for it to titanforge to the ilvl they needed and at that point, the system was too far gone.

No. The ilvl of items should be the equivalent of what is available from that expansion and it should go no higher than that. The ilvl was reduced for a reason, and it’s honestly fine.

Game design is not a democracy. Most of the time this community can’t decide what it wants at all. They’ll demand one thing, and when Blizzard gives it to them, claim it isn’t good enough or they’ll say it sucks and want it gone. I wouldn’t trust this community to write a weekly shopping list, much less design a game.

19 Likes

Yeah… I could have sworn that a majority of players hated the warforge/titanforging system… especially the raiding community where a heroic “forged” item was better than it’s Mythic unforged twin.

Exactly.

6 Likes

Heh, all the heart and soul poured out into the post. Truly words from the heart…first response? …a meme poster reply.

And the meme wasn’t even worth a fraction of your words.

Such sad days we live in when one seeks to converse only to be met with an image. Good talk. Heh

15 Likes

Send a questionnaire to 1000 players and you’ll get 1000 different responses. Good luck designing a game based on those.

7 Likes

Sir, I’m going to need you provide proof there are only 1000 active subscriptions to this game! REEEEE! :smiley:

1 Like

Why waste 100 words when a simple “no” will suffice.

3 Likes

Ion goes way back. He is not a new person, and he is responsible for much of the concepts we see.

That’s why you hire a research company that knows how to do marketing research rather than take the advice of forum posters who seem to feel that creating a game devs know in advance will be rejected by a large part of the playerbase is responsible use of hundreds of millions of investor dollars.

2 Likes

Titan, no…

But reforging, yea, that was a good system. And with the gear being somewhat difficult to come by, it would pair nicely with this expansion.

The rest of that wall crit my eyes…

9 Likes

Such sad days we live in when one needs to log 20+ alts to :blue_heart: their own post. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I agree with most of the OPs point.

All these systems developed like legion artificat weapons could have been continued in subsequent expansions at new level caps and expanded upon.

Why throw away all that content and work for returning and existing players?

Titanforging is an example of where BlizZard could have made it work but they chose the worst possible way. Same with PVP template system, etc, etc, etc.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

3 Likes

He wasn’t seeking to converse, he was writing and open criticism of the game/company. Where exactly was he seeking to converse?

An honest heartfelt forum post about the current state of wow and what happens? The forum defenders league flag it. No curse words. No ads for other games. Just a customer giving their honest feedback. The flag feature in these forums is disgustingly abused by the Blizzard bootlickers.

16 Likes

I this far…

ALL my friends are upset that titanforging is gone because not having it takes away the feeling of getting something ‘rare’. Now with bearly any gear dropping and never a chance for it to titanforging, it has taken away the excitement of getting gear. It also gave me a reason to play alts (which I don’t play anymore due to this).
EVERY expansion they promise it wont feel like you have lost power while leveling and yet again it feels like it does every expansion. It’s not fun to have content in BFA harder than it was current content. Even world quest bosses are harder. I have also found that going over 200 item level increases the hp on some mobs in BFA so it takes longer to kill. WHY!!?

15 Likes

That would be the single worst idea they ever made. The vast majority of this player base doesn’t understand the concept of balance and there would be so many conflicting ideas (most of which would be so stupid to begin with) that things would just be a nightmare.

1 Like

…I dunno a general forum maybe? Heh

3 Likes