Blizzard: It's already time. Force Premades to fight Premades Exclusively

The AB launch is literally premades dodging premades the instant the gate opens. They’ll eat the AFK penalty rather than actually have to fight another premade. I know this because that’s what the premade I’m in is doing

RIGHT
NOW

Blacking out the roster does nothing to curb premades dodging. We look specifically, solely, uniquely for games vs PUGs and then 4 cap + Farm out and finish with 5.

EVERY. GAME.

And guess what? It’s easy to tell that the PUG players being obliterated clearly are not enjoying themselves in the slightest and are having their gameplay experience completely ruined. Wanna know how? Because we spawn farm them until they quit rezzing and only take Farm when our points break 1600 so that it’s guaranteed to turn before we hit 2k, thus guaranteeing the max amount of time possible to kill everyone that rezzes as many times as possible (the goal being until they’re worth 0 honor). Not even the most hardened masochist could even pretend to find that fun.

Unless you want the AB launch to be a complete, total, unmitigated disaster and have AB and WSG turn into dodge fests of “which premade is gonna AFK first” before they go back to exclusively PUGHunting - thus leaving anyone that isn’t queing with a premade (e.g people just wanting to do a few BGs for FUN) to twist in the wind - you need to release a hotfix that forces Premades to fight Premades exclusively in Warsong Gulch and in Arathi Basin.

The alternative - e.g letting Premades continue to exclusively farm PUGs while dodging other premades - is that Classic PvP dies the slow withering death that Retail PvP has.

Oh, and spare me #NoChanges. Blacking out the roster was a Classic-specific change to curb Premades dodging Premades. It didn’t work.

Any group of 6 or more needs to be forced to fight against exclusively groups of 6 or more. Otherwise all you’re doing is feeding meat into the grinder for us to chew up and spit out.

We’ll farm people until they UNSUBSCRIBE if you let us. Which is precisely what will happen if you do not force Premades to fight Premades. You will lose a massive portion of the playerbase that legit just wanted to be able to casually queue PvP. This accounts for far more people than you realize

171 Likes

I agree. Premades are not queuing to have a fun fair fight. They’re looking to stomp pugs, get their fast honor and move on to the next quickly.

67 Likes

casual players should not receive the same amount of rep and honor as those players who spend the time to form groups, acquire gear and epic mount, level engineering, etc.

They should cut the honor and rep rewards if they create a “pug” bracket.

15 Likes

Punish people that want to make it so I can’t farm pugs anymore

That’s not how hotfixes work. You do not get - nor are you entitled to - compensation for no longer being able to ruin the game for others. Nor are you entitled to demand punitive counter-hotfixes.

8 Likes

I don’t disagree with this. Give premade games higher bonus honor.

But at a certain point honor means nothing to most players, like myself. It would be nice to actually have a BG to play that’s, I dunno, fun? Being massacred in the GY until the game closes 9/10 matches isn’t fun.

AV is good, except for the whole hour+ queue thing.

14 Likes

My first two ABs were against premades and it was no fun. In the first, I got pulled in because others quit. I zone in to see Alliance at the zone in, just destroying everything and killing in the GY as soon as you rezzed. Premade that had 5 capped. I just stopped rezzing because I wasn’t in the mood to funnel them more pointless honor.

The second was a premade that took a few extra minutes to kill us. We held the farm for a bit and got the mine for a few minutes, but it was a blow out and we only made it to 330 resources before it was over. Oh, the prize from that 12 min queue and blow out–about 400 honor total.

I used to love AB. If it’s like this, I’ll pass. Make a premade AB and a PUG AB or stop group queuing.

13 Likes

This is what we said in AV but we got nay nayed

3 Likes

I’ve been waiting since release for Arathi Basin. It was always my favorite BG and was always one you used to be able to solo queue for some casual PvP just for the sake of PvP. You know, for FUN.

But after what happened with AV and WSG, I knew better this time around and it was every bit as disgusting as I expected it to be. I’m premading anyway because rep and honor, but I legitimately feel bad for the PUGs I’m getting put against. They stand zero chance, it’s impossible for them to do anything, there’s no way in hell they’re having fun and it’s just pissing all over the memories i have of vanilla AB queing.

It’s depressing, really.

36 Likes

Towards the end of my second straight 5 cap loss against an r13 15 man someone in chat said “don’t worry, it will die down after they all get exalted”.

I lol’d.

11 Likes

Only if said groups only fight each other.

Kind of funny. After all the threads about what was coming when Classic AB was finally released, you’d think more people would have known what to expect.

Lots of people apparently still need to touch the red hot stove before they learn that their fingers will get burned. lol

4 Likes

Ultimately its up to the rest of us not to be cannon fodder for premades but its not going to happen overnight.

2 Likes

In vanilla, lots of players did not bother to do BGs to get or maintain a PvP title.

In Classic, it seems everyone has a PvP title. Classic is abnormal. Or is merely filling a need/want that retail isn’t.

4 Likes

To dodge you have to see them, it wont let you see them till it’s already started(After the intial time to accept would have ended) how does that NOT stop them? Either they all wanna take the penalty or they play. If they take the penalty that’s not something blizzard can do anything about, they’re not circumventing any system.

1 Like

This is why I haven’t played WSG a single time and why I won’t touch AB either.

18 Likes

Been on both sides, premade and pug.

Neither is really very enjoyable tbh, it kinda sucks.

4 Likes

Whelp… so much for trying for AB exalted. BGs are a complete wash.

20 Likes

I was hoping with it just coming out I’d be able to get a couple non-premade games. First one wasn’t and it was fun and close. Second one full premade, instant wipe, unfun. So I’m with you. Never queued WSG and now I’ll never touch AB again.

11 Likes

Remove the honor curve. BGs will become dramatically better without an honor curve in ranking.

7 Likes

People are doing this in order to one up the people they’re effeetively playing with, Keeping up with the Jones’ etc.

The sad thing is really, it it’s not like Premade players are actually much better than pugs, they’ll claim to be more skilled, more prepared etc, but in reality they’re trying harder, they have more consumables, they have a decent group composition from the outset.

Anyone whos’ played overwatch knows what happens in a 5v6, its an instant loss, no matter how good you are (unless you’re GROSSLY better than the other team).

Imagine a game where you got 0 healers and the other team got 2. There’s literally nothing you can do, and this element is currently ‘controllable’ with premades.

The only way to fix that would simply allow people to only queue solo, and only have matches start with a predetermined number of healers, dps, and ‘tanks’ in a game like WoW which means 10+ hour queues.

Or just pug everyone all the time and have blizz make a statement like “Hey guys this is a nostalgia fuelled fun game, don’t take it seriously”.

Mystery Heroes is pretty fun in Overwatch, even if the results get skewed, most people have fun there. It’d work in WoW, and humans would have fun playing a game with other humans.

4 Likes