Blizzard is bad at their job

In the last couple weeks weve had massive tuning, new bugs and the new rings. And this is the last month or so of the season.
All this nonsense shouldve been sorted out in the first couple weeks of the season. Blizzard is not respecting the time weve put into the game. Ive done 200 or so keys on my 3100 io feral and its stuck where it is because almost all the other players i know have given up on this season, and Ive been invited to 1 key in the last 2 weeks. If Im going to do my own key Im going to tank it, but bear is a waste of time. My prot pally alt on the other hand was 390 ilvl last week and I got him all 23s and some 24s this week. If youre pushing keys right now the only thing that matters is what spec youre playing.
Finish the tuning in the first couple weeks of the season or just admit that youve fraudulently released a game that wasnt ready to be released. And stop bringing back pre-legion dungeons for m+, its a terrible and inexplicable idea. Temple is still fatally bugged, and sbg is boring as hell, and this is going to be the case in 10.1 with the old dungeons.

1 Like

This is the best season we’ve had for m+ since bfa in terms of spec representation (I didn’t play legion so idk) to be fair.

At least it’s not s3/4 of SL where it was only warlocks, surv hunters, holy priests and BDK if you ever would list a key.

1 Like

Top feral druid is number 71 in the world for dps. If all push groups were meta, we’d expect them to be, at the very least, not in the top 100.

Whatever strategy you’re using to push score, it’s wrong. Maybe figure out how this guy did it.

2 Likes

I regularly play with the top 2 ferals in M+ this season, and the answer to this is that feral is just nowhere near as bad as people think / expect it to be. The spec has one major problem in that it can do great AoE or Great ST but not both, and even that can be mitigated in the places where it matters most (CoS / HoV) by holding on to your dungeon portal and doing a quick swap during RP.

We saw what they’re capable of in the MDI, the spec’s numbers shouldn’t really be in question since they have great AoE and very solid priority damage when there are lots of mobs to farm extra bites from. They just aren’t moonkins and don’t really fit in to the tip top comp we see timing the very highest keys (Boomie Enh Sub, which funnily enough almost nobody outside the very very top actually plays).

Worth noting also that the R1 feral plays with an Assassination Rogue, regarded by many as one of the worst M+ specs possible, and the other plays with an arms warrior.

1 Like

I wasn’t necessarily referring to dungeon strategy. More pugging vs group, holding onto friends who suck, playing a prio or AOE role as part of the greater group comp, etc.

When it comes to advancement in any field, you can be married to the advancement or the strategy, never both.

Ah, understood, but yeah there’s definitely an air of community perception and suspicion around feral. It’s been mediocre / in boomie’s shadow for so long people are only just starting to adjust.

I remember the days of joining keys and chilling in moonkin form until everything starts hoping the leader didn’t notice.

2 Likes

Yea, I naturally cringe every time I read “feral”. I’m not immune to it, but the stats don’t lie and I’m not opposed to inviting them unless I already have a druid, not a big fan of doubling up classes when I build groups unless it’s dps and tank and there’s something unique about 1 of them.

I was saying the same things when Dorki was playing Bear in s3 BFA. Everyone was saying, “bear needs fixed, blah blah blah” Dude was 5th on the leader board…

2 Likes

The big thing in higher keys atm is building around spec synergies and making comps that play to the strengths of what you have, it’s a super interesting time to be doing high keys because you really do see pretty much everything.

2 Likes

That’s terrible. Having a changing meta is good for the game. It always felt bad if your spec didn’t get changed in the first couple weeks since you’d just be stuck being weak until the next major patch. Now there’s at least a chance a spec will be buffed to be good or the overperformers will be brought down the realm of mortals.

Strategy being get into keys or tank my own key.

Then make friends. Pugging isn’t working, clearly. You aren’t going to change enough minds on the DRS forums. Pugging is, was and forever will be the worst way to make progress past a certain point.

Uh huh thanks.

Class/spec representation variety is great, there are also some different comps in highest keys unlike 1 comp meta in entire shadowlands.
I just got burned out quite fast because the dungeons require more team coordination than previous expansions. That’s quite stressful for a pug tank like me.

It’s a new expansion, with completely re-vamped talent tree’s and builds, new dungeons, old dungeons rotating in, etc. - all great things.

Class balance is in a great spot right now aside from a few outliers.

I do concur that folks are bored atm, which usually happens at end of season - but I don’t think that’s due to class balance at all. Rather it being end of season, their characters being maxed out with gear/goals met, and simply how alt unfriendly this expac has been.

At the 23+ range, getting groups is a challenge without friends, puglife is rough life.

Ya and we ostensibly pay blizzard to do all that work before the game is released

Yeah you’re right, it’s easy to tune games of this magnitude, what was I thinking.

I mean, that’s besides the point. We’ve gone live with major systems and system changes only being developed/pushed onto a PTR only a week or so prior to release, and just this last PTR with Ret, they were making unannounced, untested hotfix changes in the last week, to the point that people didn’t know whether spells were bugged, or spell changes were intended. They certainly weren’t getting any useful testing data out of it to tune with.

Prot Warriors changes stand out, for being changes that could have happened months before they did, and “inexplicably” did not (although long-time tank mains will know the more hidden reasons).

1 Like

Ya super easy, even a small indy company like blizz could afford it.