Blizzard is allocating resources to a NEW server instead of to EXISTING servers

You’re probably right.
Also consider that the game engine itself is old and I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some really old code in the backend that is hampering progress somewhat on allowing more server connections.

I see what your saying, and what im telling you its not the same thing as to what your thinking - your taking it as ALL servers are connected, im saying some servers where it makes sense to do so.

Im saying take those new Servers that are meant for players relocating off of the server to avoid que times, but only for that said server, then connect them, Your not loosing your community, its half of your community is under a different name, instead of loosing them forever.

Blizzard already came out and said server capacity (which determines if there is a queue) is the same in retail and classic.

They “solved” it in retail by having most people quit.

They also solve it by making the entire game cross realm (except early mythic raiding) and with CRZ, which lets players pretty much do anything in the game no matter what server they are on. But classic is kind of the antithesis of a cross realm sharded game (or at least that used to be one of the rallying cries, I think that tune has changed though).

1 Like

No you don’t. xD I’m saying NO connected realms. Regardless of any and all circumstances. No matter how many or how few you’re talking about. Even if they only connect 2 realms out of all the realms that currently exist, and it’s realms with literally no players on them.

I wasn’t ready for this and almost spit my drink out :rofl:

this gets my up vote

some servers in FFXIV for endwalker release actually had upwards of 11 hour queues. Thats why they stopped sales of the game and new subs.

1 Like

That can’t be true if it is also true that technology does not exist to add more capacity for Blizzard like they said in their post. Either it is possible but they don’t want to rework their server architecture to make it more scalable and they are just lying when they say there is no technology to do it. Or these games are fake and don’t exist.

Lol, they already have a retail solution. Classic players are against it…it already exists.

1 Like

yep.

I can’t take the transfer since I need my 5000 in lfg!

LFD/RDF has even the noobs who don’t know they are in a dead noob server in dungeons at level 10. their tank is from Proudmoore. the healer MG. the dps from somewhere else too.

it’s the guild ones I don’t get.

so…you got 25 people. you could do this anywhere then as I see it. But the AH! okay, 25 people split up duties and be actually communal.

JC dude, potion dude, drums dude…etc

see this is how major corps in eve work. 30+ people with tasks assigned. all put in their contribution to the corp… get paid on dividends. it’s how wormhole crews work.

One corp I was in I was black ops dude. I made black ops battleships. I had the blueprints to invent the black ops. and well researched component blue prints.

I had the personal setup in place as well. It’s how I made money. you need a black ops you come see me. corp discount given ofc. made way less profit and basically covered costs of transit and fees for me but it was for the greater good. and I was rolling off my sales to the general public to make the real money.

Nonsense. You abandonded your native realm for your own selfish convienence.

1 Like

in a way it’s true. Your guild is your community, not the server

Realm Connections are the effective merging of the connected realms together and are far healthier than transfers for addressing population concerns. Players often get confused when talking about Realm Connections because they mistake them for Cross-Realm/CRZ which are entirely different.

There can be more retail players and no Q’s because retail has way more servers. Server caps are a assigned number based on how much burden a server can take collectively.

I suspect that layers COULD work out as a way to reduce the burden if the AH and other components of the servers individual database was not shared.

I think there are practical options to raise caps on classic over present values, because the lag greated by big numbers of players seems to be less terrible than in retail where +20 players = hyper server lag.

spending 1 week to fill a 25man from trade chat is my selfish convivence??? spending 2 days to fill a kara is my selfish convivence?? spending at least 8 hours of those days spamming LFG to get people is my selfish convivence??? LOL OKAY, go away troll.

Resorting to hyperbole doesn’t negate the selfishness of choosing to abandon your native realm.

What makes it my native realm? i have 11 70’s across 5 realms.

The realm it was created on and the one you chose to transfer off

Blizzard needs to let people dungeon, arena and raid with other realms. Also region wide AH like retail.

That way people don’t lose friends by going to smaller servers.

what is a “que timer”?

CRZ and phasing is a thing on retail. Your servers would have queues if not for these features. When your server would have a queue you’re automatically transfered to a “different” server without realizing it.

Wotlk classic doesn’t have these because of the no change groups